rob66
12 years ago
I used the Porsche 19mm for the front and managed to rebuild the rear 16mm cylinders. Do you have your old ones as it may be possible to get these working PM if you need any info on how to do this
chthemonkey
12 years ago

Yeah, maybe when you make an order of 25.000 pieces!!:omg:
Is it not better to order the wheel brake cilinders of a 356, they are still available from 1951!
Maybe not original (but the same:oops: ) but alot cheaper than the making of those ..... other ones!!:shock:

:twisted: ET

heb623 wrote:

yea might have to get a pair if my front ones carnt be rebuilt i'm running with 60's brakes on mine at the mo but ive got the complete front split brakes and some rear drums
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
You can get the old cores re-sleved are the seals stillavalable ??? Andy W
chthemonkey
12 years ago

You can get the old cores re-sleved are the seals stillavalable ??? Andy W

AW wrote:

not sure there still in place on the backing plate they look like theyve never been off:unsure:
52deluxebug
12 years ago
Wheel cylinders...........

I've just bought some of the 4-screw ones for the Barndoor (as they are the same). I bought a few extra for stock too

I can supply them for £100.00 each (inc VAT and with a pre '67 discount!). Original ATE ones.

ATE also do list a rubber re-build kit for them (and for other cylinders too), but whenever I try to buy them, they never seem to have them (I think their ploy is to sell more cylinders???).

I am also 99% sure front and rear are the same (I could be wrong).

As was previously mentioned, you can fit Oval era ones with the two screws as these line up perfectly - I did this with the split bug because I couldn't find the 4-screw ones (I've changed them since :shock: ).

Anyways, hope this helps!

Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other
GKL 7
12 years ago

I am also 99% sure front and rear are the same (I could be wrong).

52deluxebug wrote:

Front and Rear are different sizes on a Split window beetle.