Nikov
  • Nikov
  • Newbie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hi all, first post :smile:

I'm looking for a little help with my October 1954 Oval please. What I'm after is the channel that clamps onto the bottom of the drivers window.

I've had a replacement from VW Heritage which is nowhere near correct. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Many thanks.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Welcome to the site :thumbup: Iam sure some one will point you in the right direction(thay are very helpful) Some times :d Whats the info on your car etc.

Andy W
Mike Peckham
12 years ago
I'd also be interested to know if anyone has any information on a source for these lifter channels.

I bought one from VW Heritage and as you say, it's nothing like the original and simply can't be used. My car is a '57. Not sure if there was any change to the channel during the oval era, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has had better luck with a repro item or knows of a source for good second hand ones.

Mike

Ps. Welcome to the forum :thumbup:
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Have you looked at the ones that megabugvw are selling on Ebay. Dont know if thay are any good.

Andy w
Nikov
  • Nikov
  • Newbie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Thanks for the warm welcome chaps :thumbup:

The Megabug one does look more like it. I'll try and attach a pic of my old one and the VWH one for comparison.

Nikov
  • Nikov
  • Newbie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Pic  window lift.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Nikov
  • Nikov
  • Newbie Topic Starter
12 years ago
A little bit of info about the car:

1954 RHD UK car (I have paper work going back to the first owner who was from Bath).

Surprisingly it's in very good condition on it's original chassis. It has had quarter panels and a couple of little patches on both front and rear inner wings. It came without an engine or interior. I managed to find a tatty but original set of seats and door cards. I've refurbished all the brakes, whilst at the same time I converted them to dual circuit.
Rich Oakley
12 years ago

A little bit of info about the car:

1954 RHD UK car (I have paper work going back to the first owner who was from Bath).

Surprisingly it's in very good condition on it's original chassis. It has had quarter panels and a couple of little patches on both front and rear inner wings. It came without an engine or interior. I managed to find a tatty but original set of seats and door cards. I've refurbished all the brakes, whilst at the same time I converted them to dual circuit.

Nikov wrote:

Welcome to the forum Nikov.

I hope the channels from Megabug prove to be better than the Heritage ones.

Please post some pics of your car. We all love a UK Oval on this forum!

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.