AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
11 years ago
Seen the supposadly 1948 Beach Buggy for sale on Ebay ???????
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
11 years ago
😞 It's Pink
That's just nasty.
SWB so the pan can't even be salvaged.
AW
  • AW
11 years ago
I wonder what the reg number is ??????

Andy W
pre67vw
11 years ago
I wonder if it still has the crash box in it.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
11 years ago
Just looked on the map and it aint that far from me MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Andy W
Cool Splitty
11 years ago

Seen the supposadly 1948 Beach Buggy for sale on Ebay ???????

AW wrote:

U love making such posts wivout postin info dont u.Cant u post weblinks:?:
Cool Splitty. Reel Kool and called Peter.
Cool Splitty
11 years ago
of course its a 48 vw the reg doc says that.:d
Oh but he has lost that:roll:
AW
  • AW
11 years ago
Yep dont know how to do weblinks or cut and paste 😶. Many have tried some one even sent me a link that tells kids how to do it but guess what when i tried it it did not work :? So i am afrade that if i put up anything you will have to go a hunting :d

Andy W

vintagebug
11 years ago

Yep dont know how to do weblinks or cut and paste 😶. Many have tried some one even sent me a link that tells kids how to do it but guess what when i tried it it did not work :? So i am afrade that if i put up anything you will have to go a hunting :d

Andy W

AW wrote:

Here you go:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1948-beach-buggy-project-/150919049207?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item232379eff7 

:wink:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Cool Splitty
11 years ago
sail ended wiv no bids
Bet it aint a 40s 😛
pre67vw
11 years ago

Bet it aint a 40s 😛

Cool Splitty wrote:

Looked like an early front beam and early rear torsion bars... trouble is as George said, short wheelbase so the pan is no use anymore.

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
11 years ago

sail ended wiv no bids
Bet it aint a 40s 😛

Cool Splitty wrote:

It did have a bid on it but got pulled. Also it has teliscopic dampers on the back :wink:

Andy W
Old Blue
11 years ago
If it is a 1948 chassis, I'd imagine that it would have been a 60's - early 70's kit job, when a 1948 VW would have been worth around £25! Those were the days.

Today with such high values for 1940s Beetles it is a sad sight indeed. However, the shock absorber turrets are too high for a 1948 chassis. Unless of course a later front beam is fitted. More likely its not a 1940s chassis though.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
AW
  • AW
11 years ago
It could be a Buggy of the early 70s. Seems like a GP MK1 with the narrow rear wings. Yes it would have been built on an old floorpan of the time. But it dont look like a 48 pan to me. :wink:

Andy W
Old Blue
11 years ago

it dont look like a 48 pan to me. :wink:

Andy W

AW wrote:

You post that now, but there are some very gullible people out there (and here it would seem!) that believed that it was a 1948 chassis. Think of the odds, a 1948 VW in the UK when there are so many ovals, 50s, 60s and 70s Beetles to butcher. Plus 1948 would be left-hand-drive.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
pre67vw
11 years ago

You post that now, but there are some very gullible people out there (and here it would seem!) that believed that it was a 1948 chassis. Think of the odds, a 1948 VW in the UK when there are so many ovals, 50s, 60s and 70s Beetles to butcher. Plus 1948 would be left-hand-drive.

Old Blue wrote:

I've learnt to keep an open mind after missing out on a few things over the years.

LHD doesn't come in to it, when you're hacking a Beetle about to make a beach buggy, moving the steering wheel is trivial.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
11 years ago

I've learnt to keep an open mind after missing out on a few things over the years.

pre67vw wrote:

X2
Cool Splitty
11 years ago

pre67vw wrote:

Santa Claus dont exist
Anything early VDub is gonna b expensiv:wink:
Rod_vw
11 years ago
"new hand brake cables fitted" !!!!!

On a cable-braked chassis????

deefordog
11 years ago
hi just found you guys on google, i bought 1948 buggy is it isnt i dont know its got 5 digit vin unfortunatly stuggling to get v5 or any sort of docs would appreciate any clues think buugy kit is a 69/70 hustler