Old Blue
11 years ago
Two more WWll VWs are up for sale on an interesting site I've stumbled across, both from 1943. One is a very interesting KdF Type 82E Beetle, the other is a very complete and restored Schwimwagen. The Schwimmer we can assume is authentic, and it looks like the KdF Wagen is. Any lottery winners interested?

https://www.prewarcar.com/classifieds/ 
Left-hand column and scroll down to show all advert makes then Volkswagen on right.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Old Blue
11 years ago
What's the going rate for a Schwimmer like that?

I'm not planning on buying one (as if!), if I took that home I'd be sleeping out in the garage with it.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

fantakid
11 years ago
Hi,
the KDF beetle is also a copy - it is build with a after war body, kubel parts and parts from Dieter Krebbernik.

The car was build from a collector from Austria who also wanted to his military collection a KDF beetle :-)

Bye Christian

PS a friend quecked the car and the backround when it still was in Austria for sale !
Old Blue
11 years ago
So we have another KdF Wagen fake. Unsuspecting buyers could lose out on their money- sellers should make it clear what the real year of the car is.

What year is the body on this one, is it actually a genuine split, how far do these people go? I ask because I've seen mention elsewhere on these forums of Ovals being converted to Splits.[-x

mrmagyar
11 years ago
I thought €45,000 for the Kdf was cheap! Now we know why :wink:
Andy.
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
split48
11 years ago
Hello altogether!

the owner of this beetle is offering it with a very honest description and loads of pics. Everyone, who is only a little bit into very old VW will know that for this price it cannot be a provable original KdF (or something similar built around an ID-number). The price is around that one of a replica. It is nearly the half of a KdF. The owner already had owned an original Type 60 KdF restoration object he sold for more money than this one.

This car was built over the years out of different cars using a Kuebel 2-xxx chassis. It will be completed to the owner's wishes, but never with faked KdF beetle history, 1-xxxx id number oder faked body number by him. He already got questions to do this....

So this VW is a way of deciding if someones wishes to wait years for finding an og one and pay a small fortune or to have the totally same driving and optical experiences even in lots of details through Krebernik and Krajewski parts for less money without having a KdF-crotch cooler replica with Oval rear lights and ragtop....

Ah, yes, the owner is me! :roll:

So I hope I could have helped you in digging out the history of this "other Kdf". For more questions please do not hesitate to ask me.

And please: Do not complain about these vehicles. There are just people arouned who cannot afford the real one and want to make the best out of it. See it as an honour to the real ones. And I totally agree, I dislike those people who tries to make big money with a fake history, too. But than I would have to ask for 70K +.....

Old Blue
11 years ago

I thought €45,000 for the Kdf was cheap! Now we know why :wink:
Andy.

mrmagyar wrote:

Well whatever it is, it has been sold!