AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
10 years ago
Question What would be a genuine price to buy a split bug ? Not one that is mint a runner a bit tatty even on the wrong pan engine etc with some of the tasty bits missing. seen some up for sale but I think the prices are dream land to be honest. An interesting one in Spain at the moment ( if its still up for sale ) Serious question so keep any stupid remarks to your selves 😳

Andy W
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
10 years ago
Andy that's a very hard question for anyone to answer without seeing the car.
But a tatty,bits missing on the wrong pan Split,in my opinion would be worth,well south of 10K.And that's if it was road worthy.(wrong pan,knocks K££££'s off).I wouldn't want it with a non-OG pan,myself.
If it's off the road,bits missing and requires welding and metal work.Bearing in mind the expense to get it back to par,you need to be buying for as little as you can possibly get away with.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1545962 

If this is the car in Spain,i wouldn't say it was worth the asking price.
GKL 7
10 years ago
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1541825 

If you want a low budget Split and don't mind a zwitter,this is an OK deal.
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
I know its how long is a piece of string question the one I have seen is this one but I smell a RAT

Andy W  733261.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  733253.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  733257.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ianmac
10 years ago
I personally would say hold out for a complete one, they do still appear for reasonable money (£15k). If you price up all of the small bits and pieces it is quite scary, so choose carefully would be my advice!

Still looking for some OG rear wings, correct wipers and a K-manifold for mine, fairly minor items but serious ££ to me:shock:

It took me about 3 years to find the 'one', you have just got to keep looking.:smile:
GKL 7
10 years ago

I know its how long is a piece of string question the one I have seen is this one but I smell a RAT

Andy W

Originally Posted by: AW 

Don't think there is any-thing dodgy,going on there Andy.
Just the asking price:rofl:
Basically you'd be buying a Split body shell for over £20K,tooooo expensive.If you're a "Stock" man,as you are.The rest is of no use to you,other than re-sale.
I posted this based on my link.
Just seen your pics,what;s the asking price on this one then??
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
The add I saw was for 12K
GKL 7
10 years ago
£'S or Euros.Not that there's much differnce.
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
GKL 7
10 years ago
If it's on the wrong pan,with the incorrect parts.I'd say,too expensive.
You see cars coming out of Sweden,yes still,far more og for very little more.
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
Thanks for the heads up :thumbup: To be honest I don't want to go for one that's abroad I want one in the U/K so I can go and have a look at it for my self.

Andy W
GKL 7
10 years ago
Same here,but it's got to be a Hebmuller :roll:
AW
  • AW
10 years ago

Same here,but it's got to be a Hebmuller :roll:

Originally Posted by: GKL 7 

If only :rofl: Will have to put my nose to the ground next year and see what's about in the U/K.

Andy W
Rattletrap
10 years ago
The zwitter mentioned here is a good deal, but if you really want a 'proper' split with the attractive KdF style dash, then you have to expect to pay 'proper' money.

OG paint splits can command their own values, and it is a shame that this one has fallen foul to the lowering and awful wheels mob, especially as it has the roll-back sun roof and crotch coolers. I'd value this at about £16k with the hope of reversing the mods made.

https://www.thesamba.com/...ds/detail.php?id=1545962 
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
pre67vw
10 years ago

The zwitter mentioned here is a good deal, but if you really want a 'proper' split with the attractive KdF style dash, then you have to expect to pay 'proper' money.

OG paint splits can command their own values, and it is a shame that this one has fallen foul to the lowering and awful wheels mob, especially as it has the roll-back sun roof and crotch coolers. I'd value this at about £16k with the hope of reversing the mods made.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1545962 

Originally Posted by: Rattletrap 

The big crease in the roof puts me off more than the wheels, I quite like the wheels 😎
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
10 years ago
I think your best bet is to buy from Germany, trying to find a reasonably priced split in the UK is pretty unlikely. Obviously the more original the car is the more its going to cost anywhere, but a split on the wrong pan with a few updates in Germany is going to be a better buy. Plus it's probably going to be easier to get the car home from Germany than somewhere like Sweden.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rattletrap
10 years ago

The big crease in the roof puts me off more than the wheels, I quite like the wheels 😎

Originally Posted by: pre67vw 

Original paint is all nowadays, worts 'n all, and that includes dents, though that is a bad one.

The wheels are the more tasteful than many replacements I'd agree, Rob.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
Thanks for all the input chaps. To be honest would like it with a later pan so don't have the lever arm dampers the crash box etc etc. Rattle trap the link to the Samba dosent work so can not see the car 😞. Rob looks like I will have to go to some vintage meets in Germany :d Do they have a for sale section at the over seas shows or is all the dealing done word of mouth ???

Andy W