1974dudley
10 years ago
Hello I am looking for the small bulbholders that fits into the lens on swf semaphores. I am also looking for two of the larger swf bulbholders. I would also be interested in grooved swf split semaphore lenses. If anyone has any of the above contact me thanks colin [email protected] 07979812848
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
1974dudley
10 years ago
Cheers Rob. I believe that he does the lenses and the larger bulb holder but I cant see the small ones on his web pages. I will probably get them from him. I know kafer nostalgie and matt the semaphore restorer sell the small bulb holders but postage and duty kill those options. I am looking the bits as I believe that I can make a set of ribbed swf fro sho smooths. If that turns out to be the case I will share the info as it may be the cheapest option for ribbed lookalike sems.
pre67vw
10 years ago

Cheers Rob. I believe that he does the lenses and the larger bulb holder but I cant see the small ones on his web pages. I will probably get them from him. I know kafer nostalgie and matt the semaphore restorer sell the small bulb holders but postage and duty kill those options. I am looking the bits as I believe that I can make a set of ribbed swf fro sho smooths. If that turns out to be the case I will share the info as it may be the cheapest option for ribbed lookalike sems.

Originally Posted by: 1974dudley 

https://forums.pre67vw.com/yaf_postst19337_Converting-smooth-oval-semaphores-to-ribbed.aspx 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
1974dudley
10 years ago
I can get the large holders and the lenses from sam in spain and have emailed them ref the small bulb holders. Has anyone ever compared a real lens against sams repro one as the dimensions have to be the same as a original swf lens to make this work. I will be using a sho smooth body and arms with large and small swf bulbholders and swf grooved lens and a single screw swf grooved original. so far i have cleaned up the semaphore body. I have ordered guitar wire off ebay to replace the wires to operate the semaphore and will use copper brake line which I will flare to make the securing rivets to reattach the terminals back to the body. I am looking for red cloth tape to make the conversion look as close to swf ribbed as possible. I believe the lens will need to be modified on the inside to allow the wire to reach the small bulb holder to light the semaphore bulb and the area on the inside where the screws go through will have to made shorter by a bit of drilling or dremmel work. Any leads on the small bulbholders will be of use. Or if someone has an original lens and one of sams to compare and confirm that the holes are in the same location as an original swf ribbed lens. Any info or thoughts on this conversion or if you have heard of or completed this conversion can you share your thoughts with me. Thanks. Colin