jb71
  • jb71
  • Regular Topic Starter
9 years ago
Hi, I'm Jon and I live in Sussex! By way of intro I thought I'd post up a few pics of my Indigo blue beetle. A 1960 MY that was first registered Dec 59. I bought her from a chap called Steve in Kent late last year, she's had 4 UK owners and before that just one for 40 years in Sweden. She's very low mileage, currently showing 39,000km, totally stock and I'm told the paintwork is original. Engine and interior are all original too. She is in lovely condition, I think Steve did a few shows with her so you might have seen her around. Anyway here are a few pics!

UserPostedImage 

Paint thin in places!
UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

The original engine is still in the car
UserPostedImage 

Interior showing minimal wear, some staining on the headliner.
UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

Hope the pics are of interest. I'd love to get to 1-2 shows this year with her, if you see me at any please say hi!

Thanks
Jon
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
RoRoVw
9 years ago
Beautiful car Jon.
Hope you'll show it in the Historic Beetle Display at Stanford Hall on Sunday 3 May.
Cheers,
Rob
Lost64
9 years ago
Yes, that is a delightful Beetle, and so nice to see how original and preserved it is.:thumbup:

Best of luck with it Jon, and I hope you get the chance to show it off.:beer:

Gavin.

pete67
9 years ago
Stunning original beetle, inspiring stuff. Enjoy
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
9 years ago
Very Nice. Like RoRo Hope to see her at Stanford. :thumbup:

Ps what's the extension under the filler cap ????

Andy W
jb71
  • jb71
  • Regular Topic Starter
9 years ago
Thanks guys for the kind remarks!
Stanford Hall looks like a great show, I'd love to try and get along to it. Will have to see if we're around, are there any convoys going from kent/Sussex?
Andy - hadn't noticed the filler cap was any different to others so not really sure.... Anyone??

:thumbup:
onion
9 years ago
Your filler cap is a swedish spec safety cap. It has the ability to vent in the event of a frontal impact, whereas the original cap doesn´t.It was fitted to late ovals and up to 1960 cars with that style tank.
jb71
  • jb71
  • Regular Topic Starter
9 years ago
Thanks Onion for the explanation :thumbup:
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
9 years ago
Thanks for that jb71. I live and learn :thumbup:

Andy W
mrmagyar
9 years ago
Hi Jon,

That's a lovely car, I love the interior and the way it contrasts with the body colour. Really nice!

Cheers,
Andy.
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe