lifeintheslowlane
8 years ago
In January this year I had a tentative email enquiry from a UK TV production company via my Judson Register website asking if I knew anyone in Brazil who could build a powerful VW engine. Obviously they had picked-up on my pictures I’d taken on our holiday to Brazil in 2004 whilst visiting my good VW friend Yel Feu.

This was the premise of the TV show…
“For our Brazilian-based episode, we have chosen the VW Beetle engine (Fusca) and our presenter will attempt to construct a flat bottom Airboat using the Fusca engine and testing it in ways it has never been tested before to celebrate its durability and flexibility along the Iguazu River to the Iguazu Falls.”

Well yes I did know someone…my mate Yel…speaks excellent English, builds big VW engines and used to live in Foz do Iguacu and has a huge number of contacts in the area they would be shooting…perfect.

The shooting of the episode went ahead and it finally gets to be screen here in the UK next Tuesday evening. Here’s a link for Quest TV’s promotional video to “Jimmy DeVille’s Engine Addict”… https://youtu.be/e4jc-pr2DxA 

As luck would have it, the VW Flat 4 is episode 1, Tuesday 8th September, 9pm… Sky channel 144, Virgin channel, 172, Freeview channel 37

Set your reminders...and your recorders...it should be fun.
John.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
8 years ago
Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Andy W
vintagebug
8 years ago
Thanks for the info John, I hadn't heard of this programme. I'll definitely have to watch it. It's of interest to me for a couple of reasons-

1. Air-cooled VWs of course!

2. I've been to Foz do Iguacu two or three times on work trips. On one trip I managed to visit the falls on my day off, and they are magnificent. Hopefully the Airboat won't stray too close to the top of the falls... :wink:

Looking forward to the programme.

Dave
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
lifeintheslowlane
8 years ago
It was fun...a bit of hokum, but fun. If you missed it it's available on Quest TV's "On Demand" page...
https://www.questtv.co.uk/video/#4468918481001 
John.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
8 years ago
I must admit I was disappointed with the program. There was so much more that could have been done with the air time.

Andy W
lifeintheslowlane
8 years ago

I must admit I was disappointed with the program. There was so much more that could have been done with the air time.

Andy W

Originally Posted by: AW 

Ah...you're confusing Entertainment with Education...it was never going to be informative.:wink:

John.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
8 years ago
Even so I still rate it as poor.

Andy W