paul
  • paul
  • Regular Topic Starter
19 years ago
Hi can anybody help........... my ignition light stays on when the engine is
runing i have had my alternator repaired and regulator checked for falts.
all working fine.. but the bloody ignition light still wont go out...... does anybody no how to sort it out ...... please help ps the car has been stood 4 days and the batt is keeping its charg. thanks paul :cry:
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
19 years ago
Hi,
One thing that could cause this...
Check the wire which runs from the warning light to the D+ terminal for a short. If there's a break, and it earths out then the light will stay on.
You could try running another length of wire to by-pass it to see if that's what the fault is.

six-o-one 😃
aussie64
19 years ago
is it 6v or 12v as the 6 will tend to stay on and dim at revs
just had mine done new gen and reg and it still does it

UserPostedImage
Dak Dak Dak
Come check out my local VW club site
http://www.volksenthusiasts.org.au/ 
Etzhold1
19 years ago
Hi paul,

Your diode from your alternator is probably broken because you mixt up the wiring ( I think that because I was reading also your other topic about the wiring) A VW is alway's with - on the ground, check first the bleu cable that starts at your alternator, that bleu cable go's to the regulator and from there to your light, you can check the cable with a ohm meter!

Guido
Hobbes
19 years ago
I recently replaced my voltage reg and generator, and for some reason at less than 1000 rpm, i hear a click in the regulator and the light comes on, then sometimes won't go off until i hit about 2000...

not so much lately, but it was really bad when i first did it.

Maybe it's just corrosion on old wires, and you aren't getting a good ground.

That has also happened to me. I've had electrical problems, and sometimes just replaced/fixed a corroded terminal or something and helped it.