zelensis61
18 years ago
Hi Folks :
just got a mail from the man who want to build those metal pressed decklids.
He says that begin may the first pressed form will be readdy .
The price is aprox 1/3 higher than the perfect repro glass fibre ones from classico.. ( the price for the ready to fit repro glassfibre) :shock:
I even do not know if that is for a ready to fit metal part..
on the other hand it is metalized and painted in primer.

There is no intention to mass production. I am serious thinking on ordering one from the german man .... only 1 dilema....
I am maried and it whould be the most expensive part that I ever buy and I have to overhaul my wife. :oops:
(not even my "nos - pré-chip tuning kit from germany " did go that high, but that was a bargain . :lol:

Guess I have to wait a few years to fill my savingpig will be big enough to cut its head off. :roll:
greetings . peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
heb623
18 years ago
Guess I have to wait a few years to fill my savingpig will be big enough to cut its head off. :roll:

Why don't you go and robb a bank Peter? ๐Ÿ˜Ž
You talked to the man can you tell me the price of such a deck lid?

:twisted: ET

I โ€™ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
six-o-one
18 years ago

I am serious thinking on ordering one from the german man ....

"zelensis61" wrote:

An expensive piece of 'Art' for your wall Peter, or will you be looking for a rough splitwindow beetle to build yourself a Heb replica? :wink:
zelensis61
18 years ago
Wel folks?
I did hope you could find out the price but it seems to be hard if you don not know how..... :oops: ?

The price for a Classico unfinished is or was I believe 1100 Euro
A finished one in paint was aprox twice that amount: that is 2200 Euro.
I wonder Who loaned his original to make a master? :twisted:

A metal pressed one ... Around 3000 Euro and like i said I not even know if it is finished with inside parts.

I wonder what price they whould ask for a complete set of panels to create a New heb :roll:
Oh boy, Now i need to look out for a butchered Split ... Anyone with a solid split with out a split. :idea: .. :wink: ?
Greetings , The man with the small saving pig.

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
heb623
18 years ago
Peter,

Like I suggested before: GO AND ROB A BANK!!! :lol:

six-o-one
zelensis61
18 years ago
Hell no...Not the prison. ๐Ÿ˜Ž They might know me there .

I guess ET want me to go to Rob's BANK :lol:
I think it sucks... Rob also look to buy a cheap real heb .

Maybe rob and I can go together to a bank... But where do we park the heb ? At Robs place or at my place.. Mine is good to me. The best shows are in Europe mainland, they say :shock: .

Greetings

heb623
18 years ago
Dear Peter and Rob

What kind of "pussys" you are?

To buy and restore heb623 .....
I robbed a bank :shock: .......................... atleast my savings account!!! :lol:

BTW: Start robbing another bank!!
The price for the metal pressed Hebmuller deck lid is โ‚ฌ2800 + 16,5 German taxes!
I know somebody who is very happy there is an original decklid to put on his Heb!!! :roll:
Never the less if a deck lid would be the last thing missing on my heb an effort of buying a metal repro would be made even if I had to sell my 18inch weeld new car!!!!! (just kidding, ha! :lol: )

Never the less a nice a very nice piece! Unbelievable buth true!!! :wink:

Dr.D.
18 years ago
Hello,
I'm the "man from Germany" who produces the hebmueller lids. The lids are 100% copies of the very early (the first panels do not yet have the metal take up beads beind the Registration plate). I will also provide the later versions with the beads (see picture below) I also reproduce the inside panels (upper crossmember, reinforcementboxes left and right side. The lower reinforcement is identical to the stock beetle parts up to August 63 and is NOS or a good recycelt one.
All dies used for reproduction are highquality german engineered dies. These dies are very expensive - but only this way I can provide an original like quality.
I only can offer this price, because I do all the engineering myself in my spare time.

Parts will be available from the end of march/begin of april.
Thanks for your interest. Please visit my ad at thesamba.
www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=243537

For further questions mail to
[email protected]

Greetings
Dirk
 4452.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
heb623
18 years ago
When you ask me there are three kinds of Hebmuller deck lids!

1. Without beads (the first ones)
2. Beads short to eachother!
3. Beads far from eachother! (the last ones?)

(Correct me if I am wrong! (again? :? )

zelensis61
18 years ago
ET:
I ve got you. ๐Ÿ˜Ž there are at least 3 other models..

-The first one: on the proto 1 and 2 with 4 louvers ,
-second one : on the proto 3 with 5 louvers,
-third one : on the first production model that is pictured in the book from hebmuller: black car with special hood ( above windshield) special doorsteps ( chrome plated or stainless) and rectangular pressed form where the plates are mounted like pré49
-fourth model ; regular decklid with no dimpels
-fifth model regular decklid with round dimpels
-sixth model regular decklid with long rounded dimpels.

Correct me if I am wrong . :lol:

Dr.D.
18 years ago
Hello together,
here is what I found out during the preparation of my reengineering project. There were (at least) three versions of lids produced in the serial die.
When new, the die had no take up beads at all. Because the differences of the lengths of line in the area over the "nosetip" and underneath were very big, slight wrinkles/waves ocurred in the licence plate area. So Hebmueller started to optimise this "problem" trying out different metal take up bead shapes. I know two cars having the big beads (one of them is body number 223). The small beads were chosen for serial production.
I have an original photo from summer 49, showing the original die during try-out of the different bead shapes. As you can see in the pic the punch (lower die) shows all of the bead geometries. In the upper die the geometric variation took place by welding on / removing the "male" counterpart of the beads. Interesting: you can see all versions in this one photo. Two bead versions on the punch, big beads on the cut out part and no beads on the drawn parts infront of the press.
I do not know why Hebmueller chose the smaller beads for serial production. I think it was, because you cannot hide the big beads behind a small registration plate as used in some countries, but this is a guess.
Fact is : the try out took place in 49 and some of the parts with the big beads were used on production cars. I cannot say anything about the number but the latest cars (and all of the cars at least starting from october 1949 that I have ever seen) show the small beads.
Greetings from Germany
Dr.D.
 4470.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
six-o-one
18 years ago
What a great photo!
And very interesting about the tests.
It's always very nice to hear new information about the Hebmรผller history. Thanks

Heb No. 601 also has the small beads (Feb 50)

Do you have any other photos you can share with us on the forum?

๐Ÿ˜Ž
Dr.D.
18 years ago
Yes I have more nice old original production and part pics and I will share them. I plan to write an article about my "Hebmueller-Project". But at the moment in my spare time I am rather busy with the hardware of my dies...

Greetings
Dirk

P.S.: I know number 603 very well. It has the small beads too.
six-o-one
18 years ago

P.S.: I know number 603 very well. It has the small beads too.

603 and 601 together! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

UserPostedImage
zelensis61
18 years ago
Hey Dr D Nice pict you have there.. :shock:
Send some more... WE LIKE THEM :lol: ๐Ÿ˜Ž
I have no clue what car it is but the beads are wide on this one too.
If anybody knows what bodynr it is you may let me know, :roll:

Picture found on luftkraft site.
Thank you. Peter  4476.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
heb623
18 years ago
Peter, you forgot one!!! :roll:

:twisted: ET  4477.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.