six-o-one
18 years ago
Has anyone got parts manuals, for 1958/9 and 1960 and could look up a couple of numbers for me please?

Or, is there anywhere online I could find part numbers for 58-60?

Thanks,
six-o-one
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
simonhanloncole
18 years ago
Yes what you wanting to know?
Simon
six-o-one
18 years ago
I need to know if, and when the part number for the main wiring loom in a Beetle changed between August 1958 and August 1960.

And if possible, what the changes were?

We have a Beetle built May 1960 and have found a company who can supply a 58/59 RHD loom.

Thanks,
six-o-one

simonhanloncole
18 years ago
I'll have a look tonight but not sure if wiring looms are listed as a part on my parts directory, will be back in touch
Simon
ralphtown
18 years ago
Would,nt have thought there would be too many changes either.
If it,s a UK car then you,d need wiring for the semaphores .
If it,s a US car then it will have indicators and LHD.

I,m interested to know if I,m thinking clearly on this one.

If anyone gets any info on wiring looms for these vintage years do post it here.

RALPH.
six-o-one
18 years ago
As I said above, it's RHD and the only people who have anything close is a company making 1958/1959 RHD looms in Oz.

If the part numbers are the same, then the loom will be the same. If not, we will have to try and work out what's different - but we don't have a complete, original loom to start with.

1960 is a very sketchy year for most things, with not much being documented - and neglected by parts suppliers.

Most parts seem to be listed as 58-59 or 61> with 60 being left out because no one is sure!

3Bugs
18 years ago
I don’t know if this will help you but this guy makes most of the harnesses sold commercially in the US. I have an odd year (61) for a US Ghia and he had no problem getting me what I needed.

I’m sure he can help you.

Wiring Works - Bob Nodvik
2805 Kerckhooff Ave.
San Pedro, CA 90731
(310) 519-8147

Sorry, no web addresses or email.

Mike

Mike
61 Ghia, 67 Beetle, 72 Super
Andy Sparks
18 years ago
I have a part number book. i'll have a look over the weekend for you.

Hows the 1960 coming along? i take it is your white heb? It's Andy with the red bug from Camberg/Hessisch
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Rich Oakley
18 years ago
The wiring loom on a 58/59 is identical to a 1960 model and carries the same part no. The only electrical change on the car between Aug57-Jun60 was the later style turn signal switch fitted for the 1960 model year, but this still retained the three terminals so the loom didn't have to change.
Regards,
Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rich Oakley
18 years ago
PS: Part nos:

Main RHD Harness Aug57-Jun 60: 152 971 011F
Front RHD Harness Aug57-Jun60: 114 971 075D
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
six-o-one
18 years ago
Wow, thanks Rich, that's exactly what we needed to know, and the answer we wanted too!