dexter
  • dexter
  • Regular Topic Starter
18 years ago
Unfortunately, the Oval has been shifted to outside the garage while I restore my Squareback and it's starting to look a bit sad for itself now winter is here.

So I thought I'd do a bit of a straw poll to find out who does the best car cover.

Any info gratefully received
Life, Love & Unity
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Bert53
18 years ago
Hi Dexter,
I bought a good one off a guy on ebay last year, unfortunatly all the info about it is in my car which is currently tucked away for the winter. I do know that the cover came from the US and was originally bought from Karmann Konnection. It's a breathable fabric which keeps all but the heaviest rain out, but with it being breathable it dries really quickly and doesn't keep condensation next to the car.
Next time I check on the car I'll get some details for you.

John
Bert53
18 years ago
The cover I have is an Evolution4 made by CoverCraft.

www.covercraft-europe.com/  
dexter
  • dexter
  • Regular Topic Starter
18 years ago
Thanks for the info John, but I've now bought a cover from Airflow UK of Oxen. It's two layer, breathable outer and, I assume a breathable, fleece inner. Cost £88 posted to my door.

Just fitted it today. Elasticated both ends and two straps which go behind the front wheels and infront of the backs. The fits not great, but this does leave room for mirrors and air space as well. I'm not convinced yet as I think it's gonna be loose in stormy weather, but time will tell :?
Life, Love & Unity
six-o-one
18 years ago
A bit late, but I bought one from...

https://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/ 
mrsherbie
18 years ago
I also have an evolution cover, it's about 10yrs old now and not very weatherproof at all any more. I could re-spray it with Scotchguard which does work, but its so dirty in the outside, it would just seal the dirt in.
Must get round to giving it a nice bath then spray it.
Keeps the car dry and clean while its stored under the house though.

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann