Bjoern
  • Bjoern
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
Does anybody know who belongs to this 82 e? The picture was taken in Bad Camberg 1982. Thanks to Markus Lickes for his pictures...

UserPostedImage

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Bjoern
  • Bjoern
17 years ago
...I hate this modern, virtual technic...;-)  5732.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
17 years ago
Not a car I've ever seen, sorry. Are you sure its a real one and not a replica?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
17 years ago
Just did a vehicle enquiry online at DVLA and it says:

Date of Liability 01 11 1984
Date of First Registration 12 12 1956
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1192CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour BLUE

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
Maybe that's the car Bob Shaill did,it looks the same.
It went to a collecter in Northern Ireland,but came back to the UK.
Last i heard it was with John Miller in London. The time,1982, is about right
Bob had it on the front cover of the Split window club newsletter,John designed the logo for the club so these people where altogether about the same time.
The car was definately a mock up built on a blue '52 split.And as Rob found out the DVLA have the colour listed as blue.
I saw it at John's house approx 7 years ago with the number plate KDF 17
Bjoern
  • Bjoern
17 years ago
Bob was also my idea when I saw the car with all its assecoiries. When the picture was taken, I went to the primery school and had no interests in vintage Volkswagen. The time changes - but not the Bad Camberg Volkswagen show...
six-o-one
17 years ago
That does look like it might be Bob behind the wheel! :shock:

5757.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rich Oakley
17 years ago
I'm pretty sure that's Bob's old car. Like his shades.

There was another one built years ago in Scotland based on a RHD 54 if I remember correctly.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Standard split
17 years ago
I have this car, I may sell it to the right person, I need the space. It's stood in my garage for a long time, and should still run. With not too much effort this could be on the road.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Standard split
17 years ago
I have this car, I may sell it to the right person, I need the space. It's stood in my garage for a long time, and should still run. With not too much effort this could be on the road.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Standard split
17 years ago
2splits
17 years ago

"Standard split" wrote:

Is it a real KDF car? Can you email me details?

[email protected]
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
It's a fake Kevin.
2splits
17 years ago

It's a fake Kevin.

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

Thats what I expected from the pics. :?
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
2splits
17 years ago

It's a fake Kevin.

"2splits" wrote:

Damn, I missed where you already said that! Sorry!

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
Standard split
17 years ago
Just got this car running after many years standing πŸ˜ƒ

What an experience and great fun :!:

Would certainly be good for an off-road event :twisted:
six-o-one
17 years ago
Do you have any pictures of how it looks now?
Is it still in the same paint scheme?
:roll:
Standard split
17 years ago
I put this car into a semi-matt green in about 1990.

Someone in north Wales where I rescued the car from that year had hand-painted the exterior body gloss black, which I had the joy of stripping back off the car!

This car is based on a 1951 Standard model Split, a rare item anyway, which of course already has some KdF attributes having cable brakes, wing nut bolt-down seats and basic no trim body. Far more suitable than of course a Deluxe Split, and this car can easily be returned to original.

I never understood why someone converted a 1954 Oval into a KdF some years ago – what with the wrong rear window and dash. The window was later cut-out with the split window grafted in its place. I don't know if the dash was ever done though.
Standard split
17 years ago
Okay, so here is a picture of 'The British KdF' as she is today…  6406.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
17 years ago

Okay, so here is a picture of 'The British KdF' as she is today…

"Standard split" wrote:

Looks pretty cool, I'd love to see some more pics of it πŸ™‚
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW