vw-diy
17 years ago
Hi people,

If you are looking for a good VW DIY instructional series on just about every part of air-cooled VWs please give our site a look! We've just gone online and have nine DVDs in the series covering everything from general service, to bodywork, to electrics. The site has video samples from each of the DVDs as well as detailed descriptions.

We are offering free shipping this month as well as multi-buy discounts!

www.vw-diy.com 

Cheers,

-Scott
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
17 years ago
Do you do one yet detailing replacing a cabrio hood? I emailed the Bug Me people in the states ages ago and they said they were looking into it..
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
six-o-one
17 years ago
I'd be interested to know if there's anything about rebuilding 30/36hp engines?
vw-diy
17 years ago
Hi guys...sorry for the late reply!

pre67vw - Unfortunately there still isn't a DVD for the hood yet. We've just put out Volume 10 "Electrical Troubleshooting" and the Convertible Hood DVD is currently scheduled to be Volume 12 so a bit of a wait yet!

six-o-one - I passed your query on to Rick Higgins, the fellow that does the DVDs. Our Volume 3   covers the 40 hp 1200 and up but I didn't have any info on older engines. This is what I got from him:

"
The 36 hp motor was before 1961 and is a little different but basically the same procedure in rebuilding. By the late 60s most people replaced with the bigger motors. I had a semi trailer full of them and finally threw them away. Now a few people are restoring the older cars and want to make them original and the scarcity of the 36 motor is becoming more apparent. I have bought a couple of them lately and may make a supplemental video for #3 in the future to show the differences and how to handle them. But for now they will have to rely on the books and their own ingenuity.
"

Sorry!

-Scott
pre67vw
17 years ago

pre67vw - Unfortunately there still isn't a DVD for the hood yet. We've just put out Volume 10 "Electrical Troubleshooting" and the Convertible Hood DVD is currently scheduled to be Volume 12 so a bit of a wait yet!

"vw-diy" wrote:

There's still a good chance the DVD will be out long before my car gets that far... :lol: :lol: Don't suppose you need a car for filming do you? :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW