chris.james
17 years ago
i got some paint on  8013.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
17 years ago
I still nead doors for my bug.if any one has some please let me no.  8038.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Jules
17 years ago
Hey Chris, looks like your car is coming on very well, nice one!
Sorry I couldn't talk to you yesterday, was just having one of those busy moments!
chris.james
17 years ago
😛 just the first cote of paint.im very happy. i have never painted a car before.this hole thing is just one big lerning cerve.i dont get much dune some nights.i just stand and look at the car. not bad for four months work. ps thanks for the parts jules.next day thats cool.  8121.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
17 years ago
😃 got my motor to day.thank god for ebay.  8221.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
early_air
17 years ago
hi chris, did u want the doors?

pete
www.early-air.co.uk
chris.james
17 years ago

hi chris, did u want the doors?

pete

"early_air" wrote:

YES BUT NEAD TO SELL BY BUS FIRST
48REME
17 years ago
Here are two Standard ovals, the one on the left being definitely of the same era as yours. What colour is yours going to be (or meant to be)?
I think you should have a thin white waistline as period photos of standard ovals seem to suggest.  8400.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
48REME
17 years ago
Waist line... 😃  8401.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
17 years ago
thanks for the photos.my car was green under the black that was put on in 1967.the car is exarmy.the fuel tank was yellow as were the weel hubs.i had some paint mached.but when i got it on i was the rong colour green.so not very happy with the colour.  8425.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
17 years ago
waist line.do you no how wide the line stud be.do you think 4mm is about right.
48REME
17 years ago
It would be interesting to know if this was a US army or British army car.
Did you get a birth certificate from Wolfsburg?
There are many shades of green which were used by both countries.
When I was going to think about repainting my 1948 British army car, I had found a company in the North of England which supplied all correct formulas for both UK and US army vehicles. They even send you a sample on a metal plate if you ask for one.
I haven't got their address and I can't remember what they'e called but the Museum of Army Transport up in Yorkshire (I think!) gave it to me so it should be easy to find.
What a great fascinating car you have! Would love to see it on the road soon.
In your case, there should be no white waistline as it's not a civilian car. 😃
chris.james
17 years ago
😃 sorry bean buzzy.i only live a fie miles from Beverly.the museum is now closed.thanks anyway.i think that the car is British army .it was in ported 1966. it had 1200 lights fitted.the chap i bort it from bort it in 1967.painted it black and strapped his motorbike to the back.he used to go grass track raising.with his bike.
chris.james
17 years ago
how do i setup my brakes.do i adjust them at the hubs or at the nose cone .i Carnot see wot to do at the nose and i haven't had the wheels off .
chris.james
17 years ago
😃 the latest photo  8690.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
17 years ago
😃 motors in and running.itWILL be on the road this summer.
chris.james
16 years ago
😃 amazing just bolt in the motor and start it.how often do you get a 54 motor for sale that is a runner.only £200 as well.  9823.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
six-o-one
16 years ago
Cool, looking goog. Look forward to seeing your car and meeting you. 😎
chris.james
16 years ago
up the car park to day,them crash boxes are a bit different.just he two frunt weels to do for the MOT. COOL. :lol:  11141.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
16 years ago
😃 Not much to do now.  11448.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.