48REME
  • 48REME
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
Here's another one to add to the list of these scarse gems...a RHD Standard oval. This one is from 54 or early 55 if I remember well, as the position of the taillights indicates, despite being later ones from 55-61.
Also, a dual exhaust was fitted as well as a chrome strip and badge on the front bonnet.
Lovely car, lovely excentric owner! 😃
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
48REME
  • 48REME
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
And another view. Enjoy!
 6789.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
17 years ago
strange mirrors... :?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Standard split
17 years ago
Very nice :wink:

Love the hub caps too. I know this car, it's a '54. The owner is certainly a real character 😃
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Chris
17 years ago
It's got the wrong rear valance for a '54, should have no cut outs and a single tail pipe exhaust...

.......getting a bit like The Samba now. :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Standard split
17 years ago
I know the car well, its a '54 Standard for sure. It has also had a synchromesh box fitted, as well as being repainted outside to the wrong shade of grey.

But it's a great sound car, and well worth having, as well as easy to make original. This is truly a rare car :!:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
NickG
8 months ago
I Have just bought this car, any old images of it ?

Thanks

Nick
pre67vw
8 months ago

I Have just bought this car, any old images of it ?

Thanks

Nick

Originally Posted by: NickG 

I have this one from 2008, but I suspect you're after something older than that...
 IMG_5548.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
NickG
8 months ago
Thank you, appreciate that. If anyone know any history would be good to put something together 😁