Bjoern
  • Bjoern
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
My friend Christian found this nice set of taillights for pre 1949 beetle. Does anybody has seen these lights before? I have never seen them before. I think, they were used just after the war.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Bjoern
  • Bjoern
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
Here is another pic.

Thanks for your help

Björn  6932.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
mrsherbie
17 years ago
They are nice. The light units look similarish to late 50's bus units, are they Hella?
Do you think these lights are from some obscure brand 30's/40's European car?

You may be able to answer my question :idea:
I have this pre49 rear light which is repro.
Have you seen these before?
Do you know who made them?
Can you still get them?
(They fit the 50's bus units & mount to the original split wing indents perfectly)
Thanks!
UserPostedImage
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
2splits
17 years ago

They are nice. The light units look similarish to late 50's bus units, are they Hella?
Do you think these lights are from some obscure brand 30's/40's European car?

You may be able to answer my question :idea:
I have this pre49 rear light which is repro.
Have you seen these before?
Do you know who made them?
Can you still get them?
(They fit the 50's bus units & mount to the original split wing indents perfectly)
Thanks!
UserPostedImage

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Looks like I see a VW emblem on the side of the one bezel on the left.
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
mrsherbie
17 years ago

Looks like I see a VW emblem on the side of the one bezel on the left.

"2splits" wrote:

Wow! Yes I see that now! :shock: 😃
axelstruwe
17 years ago
I think you can buy them by dieter krebernik from austria.
Axel

https://dieter.krebernik.at/ 
mrsherbie
17 years ago
Thankyou! I have spoken to him before about some parts, I will call him again.
😃
zelensis61
17 years ago
In the book Die kafer chronik from Dr Bernd Wiersch is on page 43 a pict fom a vw 30 license plate IIIA37015 wich belonged to Herr KAES . This car is one the only ones with tail lights.
The pict is not so clear but it is a Round lense with chrom or aluminum Ring. The housing is a litle one .
As soon as my scanner is fixed i'll post a pict.

I a not sure and it seems to be "mission impossible" If it is a light like that. If so, than Christian found another part for his lifetime project : car 26 :shock:
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Rich Oakley
17 years ago

.... than Christian found another part for his lifetime project : car 26 :shock:

"zelensis61" wrote:

More information needed!!

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
zelensis61
17 years ago
Well Rich, I am not sure you was in their museum :?: but Christian and his father rescued some years ago a kubel....

To their surprise the chassis from that kubelwagen was nothing more or less than the one and only chassis from car 26 :shock: :shock: that was made in the early days. The VW 30 got his name because they made only 30 cars to start testing at large scale. Before these 30 cars you have the VW3 serie...and before that.... you know...try outs at zundapp and other company's.

Now this car 26 was the one that is used in the wind tunnel testing.
How the chassis became the base of a war time kubel is unclear but the chassis is on display in their museum.

If I made a mistake I am sure Christian can put this right here 😎 . I hope he is not mad at me for showing this pict but He is a nice guy :wink: ...
Greetings  7397.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective