Batton
  • Batton
  • Regular Topic Starter
17 years ago
Here is a quick question that hopefully some of you experts out there will be able to answer quite easily!
My 1967 1500 Beetle's rear seat cushion is looking quite tired and really needs replacing. I know that many of the parts on the 67 1500 were one year only items and that from 1968 many design changes were incorporated. My question therefore is can I fit a seat base from a different year and retain originality? If so which years? Early 70's seats seem to be quite common but the earlier (pre 68) ones are obviously a little more difficult to come by.
I would appreciate any help that the forum can give me.
[img]https://[/img]
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Jules
17 years ago

Here is a quick question that hopefully some of you experts out there will be able to answer quite easily!
My 1967 1500 Beetle's rear seat cushion is looking quite tired and really needs replacing. I know that many of the parts on the 67 1500 were one year only items and that from 1968 many design changes were incorporated. My question therefore is can I fit a seat base from a different year and retain originality? If so which years? Early 70's seats seem to be quite common but the earlier (pre 68) ones are obviously a little more difficult to come by.
I would appreciate any help that the forum can give me.
[img]https://[/img]

"Batton" wrote:

I think there is a good chance you can use a later seat.
The seat cover itself is listed (by TMI) as fitting all rear seats 1965-73 and the horse hair seat pads that we also supply are listed 65-77 so there can't be too much difference.

Have you considered restoring what you have with a new horse hair pad/cushion, we get them in to order.

Unusual for a rear seat to be worn out, I wonder whats been going on in the back there!

pre67vw
17 years ago

Unusual for a rear seat to be worn out, I wonder whats been going on in the back there!

"Jules" wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW