Chris
  • Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
Anyone know of anybody selling early oval heater channels. I need a set for my April '55 bug. Must be correct i.e. mesh on the heater outlet and the outlet in the right place. And not too dear :wink:

Thanks
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
djkeev
16 years ago
Good Morning,
In my experience and searches you will NOT find such an item new (or used for that matter in decent shape)
Are your mesh outlets in good shape??
If so.......

Follow this link, it shows you what to do.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=258990 

It is a lot of work but if you are craving true autenticity it seems to be about the only way.

Good Luck
Dave
"If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, when will you find the time to do it over again later?"
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
:lol:

Don't forget Sat morn matey,nice and early.
Chris
  • Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
16 years ago
Dave,
I've been looking at that link, thanks very much. Looks like that may be the way forward. :wink:

George,
I should finish my night shift at 3am Saturday morning, by the time I've cycled home and got about 2 hours sleep and I'll be ready for 6ish..... Can't wait !!! :roll:

But it will be worth it .... :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.