Boris1966
13 years ago
Hi folks,

I am wondering if it is possible to put sloping front wings with sloping headlights straight onto a 1972 car?
The reason i'm asking is I've seen a 1972 beetle that I like but it has fibreglass deseamed front wings with indicators put in place of the horn grills. I am hoping to change these to sloping wings and fitting porsche headlights if it is possible...... otherwise I might reconsider buying the car?

Thank you for your responses in advance

Leane

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Sunroof53
13 years ago
Yes early wings will fit but if your car has the bumpers coming through wings you will have to add a slot as early cars and later 1200 models had the bumper brackets comung through the apron.I had a 1971 1500 in 1987 which by changing the front and rear valences i fitted the early bonnet and engine lid .Quite a common thing to do at the time.

Mike
Boris1966
13 years ago
Thanks Mike.
The car is a 1200 model with bumper iron mounts exiting the front valance rather than the wing. So sound like I can just get two sloping wings and fit them? I will try and post a photo.
Sunroof53
13 years ago
Yes, its a straight swap
Ovaltine
13 years ago
Don't do it. Buy an earlier car,why make another Beetle into something its not:wink:

My '70 had 'slopers', I had it put back to uprights. I now need to have a 1200 engine put in to replace the incorrect 1300 :evil:

Even 12volt cars are beginning to look vintage now:d
The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
Boris1966
13 years ago
You're absolutely right! I didn't buy the 1972, I've just bought a lovely 1967, factory 12volt, OG paint and interior, 1493cc engine.
I couldn't help but buy it!
:0)