48REME
  • 48REME
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
18 years ago
Yes, I do have a one-track mind!
I saw this 1965 Standard for sale in France. There's also a blue one on the Samba too.
The red car was once white. Interesting that by that year, the 3-spoke wheel was white. Same on the blue one. Colour-matching quarterlights but white buttons. Strange mix...
Happy New Year to all,
Nicolas.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
48REME
  • 48REME
18 years ago
Inside...  4165.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
six-o-one
18 years ago
There's a '58 STD Beetle for sale on Ebay.de at the moment.

Ebay STD... 

😃  4166.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
18 years ago
I saw that one on eBay, very nice car... I love it. Do you think that Bad Camberg or Hessisch will ever extend their restrictions beyond 1957 to include cars like these?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
48REME
  • 48REME
18 years ago
Yes, it's lovely! I didn't see that one.
I think people still come to BC and HO with cars which are beyond 1957, especially if they're a bit 'interesting' in some way or other.
I now have confirmation that bumpers on 1960 standards (and maybe just before and after too) were painted silver. This (bad) photo shows a line of cars leaving the factory in 1960. The second one in the line is a standard with silver bumpers and hubcaps, rather than grey like the body colour. Headlamp rings, as on standard splits and ovals, were chromed.  4168.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
18 years ago
I realise people still go to camberg in 60's cars, but they're not really included in the show...

Are the bumpers a kind of blue silver? Did they also come in bright silver?  4172.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
48REME
  • 48REME
18 years ago
Well Rob, the colour was officially L226 Silver Grey, very much like on that oval you posted. It's kind of dull and quite lead-based in tone.
My internal door handles still have that original paint.
I think this was the only silver on offer for standards. Before that, it was body colour for bumpers and hubcaps.