vintagevw
15 years ago
If you are looking for a correct fronthood trim (with the Wolfsburg crest sign)it has to be like the one underneath.
It is more cutted out at the end!  Afbeelding 860.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
GKL 7
15 years ago

Bought the rubber from Carool Coenen for the semaphore boxes.
Rubber has the same shape but needed to be cut and make one part of it, a hell of a job.:beer:
I've puted some glue in the corners who is made for new cars.
If you buy from him ask him to make it long enough, if you cut into the wrong direction ther won't be much over of it.
I had just enough.:beer:
Yeah he's Dutch. :lol:

vintagevw wrote:

Or cut down original pattern running board rubber.:wink:
YES seriously, excellent results,i know 3 other early Karmann owners that have done this.
heb623
15 years ago

I had to put out the metal frame of the bonnet hood sign becouse some pins cracked off.
The car still hves a 3-tab hood.
I've polished the sign.
Does the sign need to be painted in body colour?

vintagevw wrote:

Pascal,

Are you sure that is the correct sign for your car?
When you ask me that sign is atleast 2 years to old for your car.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong!

:twisted: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
six-o-one
15 years ago
Yep, that one is up to mid-1950. It should have a gap between the V & W !

:d

vintagevw
15 years ago
Are there diffrent ones on the 3-tab signs?
Does someone haves a picture of this sign?
vintagevw
15 years ago
I've repainted the body's of the headlights.
The headlights are in very good condition.
They have the big BOSCH logo on top.
5 drilled holes in the body.
Reflectors needed just a cleaning. :d  Afbeelding 892.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 896.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 897.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 898.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 900.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Are the originals seals still available at Volkswagen or Bosch or Hella, between the headlight and wing?
I bought some repro's and they just don't fit and I got very angry, f#uck, h#ll and d#vil!:d
I've ended with a scratch on the paint!:evil:  Afbeelding 959.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Hinge covers are fitting well.
Thanks to Heikki for the 2 missing ones on the drivers side.:beer:  Afbeelding 890.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
THEBOFFIN
15 years ago
Hi Pascal
looking good!

are the hinge covers an accessory?..never seen them before!

havent touched my 56 oval vert for some months now due to redundancy..only have part time work at the moment till december, hoping to get back on to it next year if work picks up, otherwise if things do not improve i'll have to sell it in february!
vintagevw
15 years ago
Hi, they are standard on early verts but don't know till what year.....
I guess till 1957 but I'm not sure about that.
I've seen 1956 verts with the hinge covers and grease nipples.
Maybe post a tread about that....

Bengt H
15 years ago
My may -57 cabrio dont have the grease nipples and hingecovers and I dont think it should have them either.
GKL 7
15 years ago

My may -57 cabrio dont have the grease nipples and hingecovers and I dont think it should have them either.

Bengt H wrote:

Nor my '50
So they must have run from 51-56 MAX. Probably less.  IMG_1969.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
I always thought they were used from '51- July '55?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Bengt H
15 years ago

Nor my '50
So they must have run from 51-56 MAX. Probably less.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Same for my nov -50 cab, but I have seen them on a 56(dont know buildingmonth of that car)
vintagevw
15 years ago
Hart lights.
Zwitter hartlights don't have a water draining hole underneath.
NOS HELLA glasses.  Afbeelding 069.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 035.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Rear wings are mounted.
Hart lights are assembled and mounted.
Fitting was piece of cake on the original wings. :d  Afbeelding 038.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
NOS lense and rubbers.
Butterfly bolts where polished.  Afbeelding 183.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Rubberseal is mounted on the body for the engine lid.
Engine lid is mounted.
It looks whole diffrent now! :d  Afbeelding 185.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
15 years ago
Pascal are you going to flat that paint down:wink:  blinded.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
That's Glasurit paint.
Yes, I will sanding with P2000 and let it like that! :lol:
I hope people will love my used hood! :lol:
Happy new year to all of you guys!:beer: