vintagevw
15 years ago
Gearbox is ready, thanks Pieter for your help! :d  Afbeelding 810.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 811.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Carl
15 years ago
Het kan niet anders dan dat jij Claude's broer bent!:wink: Hij heeft al veel over je kever(s) verteld. En inderdaad, prachtige werken aan een prachtig model kever!
Blijven gaan zou ik zeggen!

Groeten, Carl (collega van Claude)
vintagevw
15 years ago
't zal wel zijn, merci.
Finall some new pics! :lol:
Gearbox is installed.  Afbeelding 815.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
I had to replace the backingplates becouse they where not correct.
Now with NOS 4 bolt brake cylinders.
I just found a NOS rear drum at Peppercorn becouse they where also not correct.:( and :d  Afbeelding 812.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 813.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 821.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Started to work on the engine tin parts.
They are sandblasted and primered.
I had to replace the J-pipes on the heather boxes.
Engine tin parts are painted.  Afbeelding 819.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 817.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 818.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 820.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Started to work on the front axle.
Front drums are cleaned and painted and bearings are replaced in and outside.
 Afbeelding 814.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 822.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Rear drums are painted.  Afbeelding 839.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Start to work on the front axle.
Thanks Sidney! :d  Afbeelding 838.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 840.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 841.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 847.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Last parts who needed paint!
I almost forgot them. :lol:
Not bad for an amature! :lol:  Afbeelding 823.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 824.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 825.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 826.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 827.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 829.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 830.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 831.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Thanks to Sidney and my father in law to get the car this saturday on his wheels.
Home sweet home!  Afbeelding 853.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Electricity is back on his place.
Still the original wiring.  Afbeelding 856.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Front hood is back on the car.
Sorry guys, nothing will move for the next 14 days.
I'm going to Italy, mmmm Pizza and ice cream! :lol: :lol:  Afbeelding 857.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
dongkg
15 years ago
Nice, Slipt, buddy!

Keep us posted!
THEBOFFIN
15 years ago

Front hood is back on the car.
Sorry guys, nothing will move for the next 14 days.
I'm going to Italy, mmmm Pizza and ice cream! :lol: :lol:

vintagevw wrote:

Looking Good Pascal!

have a good time in Italy...we love the place!

Ciao!

Adam
vintagevw
15 years ago
He guys, I'm just back from Italy.[-x
Umbria was a very nice place and very quiet, you should go there once at the Lago Trasimeno.
No I just trained and runned 2 full marathons, so I have to rest now! :lol:
I can get back to work now on my oval looking vert!:lol:
I've polished the aluminium trim for the windschield an put a new rubber on it.
The trim is still in rough aluminium and not anodisised.
First put the trim in the rubber before you mounted the windshield in the car!
I bought the rubber from West coast metric (available at BBT) and fits perfect.
Strange markings on the aluminium trim, 4W what does it mean?  Afbeelding 775.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 777.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
I had to put out the metal frame of the bonnet hood sign becouse some pins cracked off.
The car still hves a 3-tab hood.
I've polished the sign.
Does the sign need to be painted in body colour?  Afbeelding 858.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 859.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Right door is mounted, not that simple with all the new rubbers who were not 100% the same.....
The only set availeble is the set who is the same from 1952-1964???? 😞
But it is still better then nothing.
I will keep my original rubbers till someone is interested in making correct ones.
Only the stainless steel trims are very good becouse they don't bend that easy if you fit them!:d  Afbeelding 862.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 863.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Right wing is mounted.
No I'm not using the early style of fender beading becouse it takes water and she hates that!:d  Afbeelding 864.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Bought the rubber from Carool Coenen for the semaphore boxes.
Rubber has the same shape but needed to be cut and make one part of it, a hell of a job.:beer:
I've puted some glue in the corners who is made for new cars.
If you buy from him ask him to make it long enough, if you cut into the wrong direction ther won't be much over of it.
I had just enough.:beer:
Yeah he's Dutch. :lol:  Afbeelding 870.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 871.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
One SWF plastic has been replaced (thanks Guido!) and the other one I have polished it there was only some paint on it.
The copper screws where polished too! :d
Does sombody knows who is selling the rubberstops for the semaphores showed on the picture?
Thanks for your help!
 Afbeelding 865.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 867.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 868.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 866.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.