15 years ago
Happy New Year Pascal.

P.S make a new hood.
dubrockers
15 years ago
very nice car :d
Tonser
15 years ago
Great job and great thread too Pascal = just read it front to back !

Look forward to seeing the final stages. PM'd you about your decklid collection too :wink:

Tony
vintagevw
15 years ago
Yes I found some time to work on the vert....
The steeringwheel-hornpushbutton, luggage rails, reserve feultank handle,brake handle and shifter needed to be sanded and painted too.
The steeringwheel was dirty but not cracked. :d
I found a matching colour from LADA!  Afbeelding 996.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 997.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 998.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Awesome work!:beer:

Just cant wait to see the oval (oops Zwitter! :oops: :lol: ) finshed!
William
vintagevw
15 years ago

Awesome work!:beer:

Just cant wait to see the oval (oops Zwitter! :oops: :lol: ) finshed!

54 Gertie wrote:

It's just a cheap looking split vert! :lol:
54 Gertie
15 years ago

It's just a cheap looking split vert! :lol:

vintagevw wrote:

Yes but at least its your cheap looking split vert!:wink:

But no joking aside credit to you for the superb work on this though!:beer: :d
William
vintagevw
15 years ago
Some new pics from my yesterday work.
One NOS and one very nice used rear bumper.
The original bumperss where still there but in very bad condition.
The zwitter bumpers are exact the same as the later bumpers -1967
I've sanded the inside, taped them and sprayed some aluminium spray on it.  Afbeelding 1479.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1477.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1480.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1481.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Some clear paint to protect.  Afbeelding 1482.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1483.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
The zwitter bumperguards are diffrent on the inside (fixation part)
I still have the four original ones and will rechrome them later, as one is ver bad and dented.
Look at the pics of the zwitter fixation part, looks similar to the split ones.  Afbeelding 1546.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1547.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1544.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1545.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
I've cleaned the rear side windows too.
I've polished the aluminium a bit and sandblasted the water channel becouse there was some rust.  Afbeelding 1484.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1485.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1486.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1489.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
Finished! :d  Afbeelding 1548.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
15 years ago
The front windshield is placed and also the correct split wipers.  Afbeelding 1543.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
15 years ago
Those rain channels at the foot of the rear window always get in a bad way Pascal,the small tubes get blocked aswell, mine were equally as bad as yours.
I did a 100% strip of my frames,glass out, new rubbers.
The frames particulary on the front windows spring apart,maybe worse on a split as no quarter lights(vent windows)it's a big headache getting them back together.
I had to use two big wood working clamps and wind them in.All the time the new rubber is moving.Not a job i ever look forward to doing again.
But i really felt like i had achieved something when they were back complete again.
vintagevw
15 years ago

Those rain channels at the foot of the rear window always get in a bad way Pascal,the small tubes get blocked aswell, mine were equally as bad as yours.
I did a 100% strip of my frames,glass out, new rubbers.
The frames particulary on the front windows spring apart,maybe worse on a split as no quarter lights(vent windows)it's a big headache getting them back together.
I had to use two big wood working clamps and wind them in.All the time the new rubber is moving.Not a job i ever look forward to doing again.
But i really felt like i had achieved something when they were back complete again.

'50 Karmann wrote:

That's the reason I didn't dismantle them becouse I've done it once with my '69 1500 vert....
The rainchannels where not rusted trough but they needed a sandblasting and paint...
I'm sure it won't move anymore and the vert wont see much rain... :d
SplitPersonality
15 years ago
Dear owner,
I love your work and your car!

I want to paint a car I have in the Atlantci Green color. Are you confident that your modern day mixing formula matches the original color 100% ?? If so - I would deeply appreciate if I could get th modern day mixing formula for this color from you? Thank you in forehand - my email: "[email protected]"
GKL 7
15 years ago

the vert wont see much rain... :d

vintagevw wrote:

Just aswell with all those holes in the hood:lol: :lol: :lol: I couldn't stop myself.
vintagevw
15 years ago

Just aswell with all those holes in the hood:lol: :lol: :lol: I couldn't stop myself.

'50 Karmann wrote:

I will fill them with bondo! :lol: :lol: :lol:
vintagevw
15 years ago

Dear owner,
I love your work and your car!

I want to paint a car I have in the Atlantci Green color. Are you confident that your modern day mixing formula matches the original color 100% ?? If so - I would deeply appreciate if I could get th modern day mixing formula for this color from you? Thank you in forehand - my email: "[email protected]"

SplitPersonality wrote:

Thanks for the nice words! :wink:
Yes this colour is the closest to the original paint.
I can ask to the colourmen in our Glasurit shop if he want to give the mixing formula....
I don't know him very well but I will ask him.
That is no garantee that this will match to the paint they use in the states.
If we restore a car from the states we need to remove all the old paint becouse the material is diffrent and there is a lot of bondo on those cars (most of them) :wink:
vintagevw
15 years ago
Some new pics...
Bumpers are mounted!:d  Afbeelding 1010.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1011.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.