Rattletrap
10 years ago

I voted for allowing later air cooled cars in. But only Stock cars. I now have a few... and the early 70's cars are lovley to drive and get a lot of public attention when out and about... they are over 40 years old now..

You wouldnt have to look at them if you didnt want to!

Originally Posted by: JULIANROBINSON 

Agree, a '70s is ancient, yet far more practical, great to drive and attracts the same attention now in the street as any pre-67 can expect to. My '71s 43 years old and is now driving superbly after a long stint in brambles.

And remember, a 1970's Beetle is a great way to enjoy the vintage VW scene, the prices for these cars and their parts are well affordable, and I think that this site would benefit well by embacing those that do not have bottomless wallets.:wink:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Old Blue
10 years ago

Poor attitude.
Someones working hard to bring this site to you.
If this site goes post '67,my fear is, fools like you will take over.

Originally Posted by: GKL 7 

Section taken fron the pre67vw posting guidelines:

''Treat fellow members with respect. Posts including demeaning or disrespectful comments may result in your account being suspended. The Administrator, as well as the moderators, are not here to play referee. If you have a problem with a fellow member online, please report the offending post and do not continue the argument on the forum, other members of pre67vw.com do not wish to be dragged into your personal arguments''

Also, by refering to low active member numbers, it does not mean that the owner of the site, Rob, is not doing sterling work, which I for one do appreciate.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Old Blue
10 years ago
I did not mean to permantly lock the thread, I was meaning just to give the thread a rest to allow others to start something equally interesting under the pre1953 section..
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Mike Peckham
10 years ago
I voted for a section that includes Post ’67 Stock VWs. I have three, and it would be great to chat about them with like – minded people.

Having said that, the site is great as it is, so thank for all you do Rob in making it available to us.

Mike

July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
When can we expect to see the Post 67 stock only page Rob?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
10 years ago

When can we expect to see the Post 67 stock only page Rob?

Originally Posted by: JD 

When someone steps up and offers to moderate it...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
I'll have a go. Finally - my chance to go mad with power!
UserPostedImage
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago

I'll have a go. Finally - my chance to go mad with power!

:thumbup: Dose that mean i will have to get a Post 67 Beetle now :cry:

Andy W
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
New section is now open for business. Who's going to be the first to out themselves?:d
UserPostedImage
Rattletrap
10 years ago
Looks like all air-cooled Beetles are okay to 2003:smile:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
beefykeefy
10 years ago
I voted for post 67 stockers. Personally I think the new thread should be a little less hidden away than it currently is... Perhaps below the 57-67 discussion thread.
Rattletrap
10 years ago

I voted for post 67 stockers. Personally I think the new thread should be a little less hidden away than it currently is... Perhaps below the 57-67 discussion thread.

Originally Posted by: beefykeefy 

Agree. I'd thought that a post 67 section for Beetles below the 57-67 Beetles section, then another for 'other' post 67 air-cooled VWs.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
10 years ago
Some people are never satisfied...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Coxy
10 years ago
Well seeing as this is only my second post since registering waaaaaay back in 2008 I guess I am one of those lurkers :d

I'd love to see more stock post '67 VWs on this site, an online Stanford Hall for want of a better description. I know of quite a few people restoring post '67 Beetles, even late model 77 Beetles but have nowhere to go to discuss all things restoration/stock/NOS parts etc etc.

I have 2 pre-67 Beetles while the rest are post '67.
65 1200 Deluxe (CKD), 66 ex-Swedish Embassy Beetle, 71 ex-VW of Ireland Beetle, 72 Jubilee Beetle, 73 GT Beetle
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago

Well seeing as this is only my second post since registering waaaaaay back in 2008 I guess I am one of those lurkers :d

I'd love to see more stock post '67 VWs on this site, an online Stanford Hall for want of a better description. I know of quite a few people restoring post '67 Beetles, even late model 77 Beetles but have nowhere to go to discuss all things restoration/stock/NOS parts etc etc.

I have 2 pre-67 Beetles while the rest are post '67.

Originally Posted by: Coxy 

Post some pictures. :smile:
UserPostedImage
Coxy
10 years ago

Post some pictures. :smile:

You ask you get :smile:

'65 Beetle
UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

'66 Beetle - ex-Swedish diplomatic Beetle
UserPostedImage 

'71 Beetle ex-VW of Ireland. OG paint.......and rust :wink:
UserPostedImage 

GT Beetle
UserPostedImage 
65 1200 Deluxe (CKD), 66 ex-Swedish Embassy Beetle, 71 ex-VW of Ireland Beetle, 72 Jubilee Beetle, 73 GT Beetle
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Yes show us your cars :thumbup: Don't be shy.

Andy W
Coxy
10 years ago
I tried to post but it wouldn't let me post pics I'm afraid.
lifeintheslowlane
10 years ago

I tried to post but it wouldn't let me post pics I'm afraid.

Originally Posted by: Coxy 

They're up now.:smile:

John.
Coxy
10 years ago
Thank you sir!