Bjoern
  • Bjoern
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
16 years ago
In cause of its missing, I am looking for the original window-seals on top of the doors. Jan-Peter Henkels gave me an adress a company of Steenbruck close to Hamburg, but they don't have it anymore and mont produce it. Does anybody know, where I can get it? At Bad Camberg, another Hebmueller-owner was quicker than me. A good deal, most of the cars at the show had a wrong (but better) system...
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
Bjoern
Rhinehold Plank in Italy used to have these seals.
I obtained the seals for my Karmann window frames from him,i don't know if they are the same.
But this was a few years ago,possibly worth a try,he has a Hebmuller himself.

[email protected]

Bjoern
  • Bjoern
16 years ago
...but thr Hebmueller has a complete different system and design uf sealing, close to the hood seals.

I have bought a set for the Karmann, because I hoped that I can use it, but there is no way 😞  11010.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
overrestored
16 years ago
steelerubber.com may be able to manufacture the rubber you need... you need to give them a sample to work from though. They require a certain minimum order... but can make almost anything.

protect me from what I want
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
Bjoern
Like i said Rhinehold may be able to help,as another Hebmuller owner he may have crossed the problem.
Over-restored said there are companies who will make any seal if you provide a sample,i know of one company here in the U.K that can help.
Problem,their minimum order is 500 meters,that's a lot of Hebs.
Bjoern
  • Bjoern
16 years ago
500 Meters - thats round about 150 cars. If you think about, how many Hebs were there at BC this year - or at the classics, there must be a numer of 5000 Hebs existing... :wink:  11037.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Bjoern
  • Bjoern
16 years ago
After I have found out, that there is no rubber on the marked, I am planing to start a new reproduction line. The company, who made the rubber before will help me - if I will buy all of it. The price for it will be round about 25 Euro per meter - so thats round about 100 Euro per set. The question is: Who is interested in these rubbers again? During the last two moth, I have seen 15 Hebmüller - and only two of then had the right weather strip - or none...
vintagevw
16 years ago
I'll check mine!
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
brille52
16 years ago
Hallo Björn !

Please count me in !

andreas 😎
Bill Collins
16 years ago
I have been fairly inactive in the Vintage VW hobby for the past 5 years and just joined the Forum this morning at the request of Dick Christensen of Arizona. He asked me to respond to a search for Hebmuller window seal rubber.
Back in 1991 while restoring my '49 Heb, I needed window scraper rubber (not the window to top seal rubber)and could find none anywhwere. I had a piece of the original from mine (#350) and had a company in Massachusetts reproduce it. Needless to say I had to purchase an ungodly amount of the rubber. I still have a fair amount of it left. Actually I had two productions runs of the material as the first was defective (occasional bubbles in the material and the company didn't want it back). In the past I have sent enough rubber to do two complete cars with an order. One set of the original (defective type) to do for a trial fit and a second set once you have the keeper groove completely clean and free of debris. My plice since 1991 has been $120. per order plus shipping and packaging.
Anyone interested in a spare and original Hebmuller deck lid. I've had a spare since 1991 held in reserve in case I was rear ended in my car as I have driven it over 64,000 miles since restoration. Has anyone else driven over 100,000 Kilometers in a hebmuller?
Bill Collins
Hebmuller #350
Windham, NH, USA
Collector and hobbyist owner of early VWs for 38 years. !948 CCG, 1949 Hebmuller, 1951 11G. 1953 11 (Split), 1953 117(Split).
pre67vw
16 years ago
Hi Bill,

Welcome to the forum, we traded emails a few times a long time ago when I set up this page . Would be great to see some current photos of your Heb!!

Cheers,
Rob.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
zelensis61
16 years ago
Welcome to this forum.

It seems that it becomes more and more a hebmuller forum...and I like this. 😛
Hi Bill; Is your car nr 350? If so can you send me the details from the aufbaunr and date so I can complete my hebmuller list.
I have a few picts of your car and now i can put them in my datasheet.

Do you have a price in mind for your spare pressious ehhh, pressed :lol: metal or is it a welded engine cover. I think you know what I mean.

Greetings Peter SCHEPENS . Belgium.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
2splits
16 years ago
I had the privilege of visiting Bill a few weeks ago. What a great guy and his cars are absolutely jaw dropping!

Welcome to the forum Bill!

Kevin Wiggins
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
overrestored
16 years ago
Bill... Welcome to the forum... where you been for the past 5 years! I thought maybe you were stuck over in 356 Porsche land!... didn't you forget to mention a certain 1959 car with a fabric top... with twin carburators and big aluminum drum brakes

everybody knows those 356's are nothing but trouble!

Eric  11737.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
protect me from what I want
Bjoern
  • Bjoern
16 years ago
Welcome at the real coachbuit forum! After I got no rubber, I got in contact with a factory. First they were not interested in doing it, but after we sware to buy all the minimum, the reproduction has been started. Dirk helped me, to realize this project.

www.blech-manufaktur.de
Bjoern
  • Bjoern
16 years ago
Welcome at the real coachbuit forum! After I got no rubber, I got in contact with a factory. First they were not interested in doing it, but after we sware to buy all the minimum, the reproduction has been started. Dirk helped me, to realize this project.

www.blech-manufaktur.de

UserPostedImage
Dr.D.
16 years ago
Hello,

it's very interesting to hear, that Bill has already produced the window rubber. I got the information in last minute, so I did not start production today (the extrusion die is ready). I will not start production at the moment until we have not discussed the needs out there in the "Heb-Community".
The price for my German made rubbersets, EPDM material would be roundabout 100Euros - so not a big difference. I do not want to compete with parts, that are made by other sources becaue this leads to nothing. If Bill has those rubbers, o.k.

Hello Bill,

please let me know how many sets you still have available.

Community,
please give me an e-mail how many sets you firmly order.

regards
Dirk

www.Blech-Manufaktur.de
mail: [email protected]
 11746.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.