'50 Karmann
15 years ago
Try advertising a RARE car, at a fair price,they come out of the woodwork
Can't abide idiots who want something for next to nothing.
Well i tell you boys,keep searching for your dream that real early rare car.Where the guys stood with a handful of money waiting to pay you to take it away.It'll never happen but dream on 😳 :roll:

Rant over :oops: :oops: :oops:
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Chris
15 years ago
Does that mean you're keeping them then ? 😃
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
'50 Karmann
15 years ago
The cabrio stays.
Rob wouldn't let me change my user name,so i guess i'll have to keep the car :roll:
But a big poster on here,might have to insist he gets his changed before too long. :wink:
pre67vw
15 years ago

Can't abide idiots who want something for next to nothing.
Well i tell you boys,keep searching for your dream that real early rare car.Where the guys stood with a handful of money waiting to pay you to take it away.It'll never happen but dream on 😳 :roll:

Rant over :oops: :oops: :oops:

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

Don't shatter my dreams... :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

But a big poster on here,might have to insist he gets his changed before too long. :wink:

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

Ahhh...gotcha...I think. 🙂
John.
mrsherbie
15 years ago

The cabrio stays.

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

:beer: 😃 :D

I loved your ad, BIG MONEY made me smile all day 😃 I would love to be able to put up an ad like that!
I have to admit I am not very patient with car buyers, I dont like selling them at all, best job left to Owen while I am more happy in the garage alone, just me a car and Russell Brand on the radio.

But I was going to point out the obvious also, that if you ever changed your mind in the future and wanted a beetle back you wouldnt find a better car to replace it with. That would be the ultimate challenge!

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
heb623
15 years ago
George why don't you give hat cabrio to me? :roll:
To reach a perfect harmony in my garage (a black heb and a black cabrio)
I have to paint the ivory sides of your cabrio black! :oops:
Or ...... ?
No way 😳
Black is beautiful!!!:lol:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Chris
15 years ago

The cabrio stays.
Rob wouldn't let me change my user name,so i guess i'll have to keep the car :roll:

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

Lame excuse. Just face it, you couldn't bring yourself to part with it. I know I wouldn't.. :wink:

I'm glad to hear it tho' because I know how much effort you have put into that car. It's not one of those cars where you give it to someone as a box of bits and get an 'on the road' car back in a couple of years time.

No-one sees all the miles you've put in driving to the remote places to get bits and get stuff chromed.

Now to try and get you to keep that '47.... 😃
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
'50 Karmann
15 years ago

I am not very patient with car buyers

"mrsherbie" wrote:

I thought i was,but some of the questions i've been asked in the last week,you would not believe.
Just can't be bothered.60 mails, answered them all.Just wrecked my head,i've probably walked away from a few genuine enquiries, but it's too much.Can understand now why people put their cars in the hands of dealers "let those poor buggers sort it out"
Oh! question of the week, and i can add, asked on a number of occasions.
"I can't afford it,but how much is the car. :roll:
pre67vw
15 years ago
George...

I can't afford it, but how much is the car? 😃
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Chris
15 years ago

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

KERCHING !!!!

That is the sound of a penny dropping. :roll: I just figured out what you meant. :oops:
pre67vw
15 years ago

KERCHING !!!!

That is the sound of a penny dropping. :roll: I just figured out what you meant. :oops:

"Chris" wrote:

Is it me? Is George buying my site? :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
'50 Karmann
15 years ago

George...

I can't afford it, but how much is the car? 😃

"pre67vw" wrote:

12pence Rob.
And you're right you can't afford it :wink:
2splits
15 years ago
George,

I hear what you are saying about all of the emails. On the otherhand, and please don't take offense, you kind of brought this on yourself by not setting an asking price. You would certainly still get some idiotic people, but not nearly the number of emails of people being simply nosey. If you are comfortable with the price you are asking, then ask it!

Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
Etzhold1
15 years ago
I was one of those people and I can tell you the price was very good for that car, I know people who bought rusty VW's for that kind of money !
Damn George, I was buying lotery tickets like a crazy man this week for next saturday , What should I do with all those millions If I win the lotery next weekend ! OK Ok I'll buy the 47 ! And invest the other money in some good chares 😃 😃 😃
'50 Karmann
15 years ago

If you are comfortable with the price you are asking, then ask it!

"2splits" wrote:

OK! £50k
And i was told by many,that was a fair price.
That's todays market i don't have to be comfortable with it tho'
I used to buy Splits for 6 to 800 quid,ovals for 3-500.
Maybe it's because i know todays prices are way out of line,a bit embarrassing selling a car for the same price as your mate paid for his house.
heb623
15 years ago
Cheap houses there where you live!

:twisted: ET

btw George, we, that means Etzhold1 and ET have seen a photo pictured you on it! We did not recognize you! :shock: :shock:
Probably Etzhold1 was too drunk to remember you and my eye sight isn't that no more what it has been before! :roll: :roll:
So? :?
Sorry! :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
2splits
15 years ago
George,

I think you are right on point! I wouldn't ask for anything less!
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
'50 Karmann
15 years ago

Cheap houses there where you live!

"heb623" wrote:

Yes,it is a slum area :lol:
mrsherbie
15 years ago

George,

I think you are right on point! I wouldn't ask for anything less!

"2splits" wrote:

Me too. There are very few fully restored vws that I would be completely happy to own knowing what is under the paint/quality of NOS parts used and yours is one of them.
Aside from wartime vws, or the coachbuilts, a 50 Kab is as good as it gets.

I know Goodwood is very local to me and far from you, but If you really do want to sell it I would consider putting it in Bonhams Auction at Goodwood Revival in Sept (rather than Festival of Speed as per Bonhams link) Its usually a big and varied auction and a lot of US & German folks attend Revival, though I havent been for the last 2yrs :

Goodwood Revival 

You would really enjoy the show anyway regardless. We might take pork chop & go this year. You are welcome to sleep over at my house.

Bonhams 

Interestingly, I wonder what this will sell for? I am guessing more than the estimate?! :

58 356 
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann