Sunroof53
15 years ago
I have just found out my original registration for my 53 .I have done many searches but cannot find the area for the reg TFM 794
i was told DVLA deleted everthing before 1963! does anyone have the area codes for these old numbers?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
VW Stan
15 years ago

I have just found out my original registration for my 53 .I have done many searches but cannot find the area for the reg TFM 794
i was told DVLA deleted everthing before 1963! does anyone have the area codes for these old numbers?

Sunroof53 wrote:

FM is Chester according to this list I've found...

https://nice-reg.co.uk/info/area-of-issue-codes-for-classic-suffix-and-prefix-number-plates.html 
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
GKL 7
15 years ago
Hmmm!Chester,that's the nearest city to where i live.
If you find local knowledge can be found and need help,give me a shout.
Sunroof53
15 years ago
Thanks for your replys and offer of help.i have emailed dvla and hope they can give me an address .judging the state of the car when found, it may not have had many owners .I will try and contact Steve Parker as well .I have an old phone number and may still live there.
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

Thanks for your replys and offer of help.i have emailed dvla and hope they can give me an address .judging the state of the car when found, it may not have had many owners .I will try and contact Steve Parker as well .I have an old phone number and may still live there.

Sunroof53 wrote:

You're in luck!!!

Chester kept all its hand-written 'FM' ledgers! You need to contact Chester County Council Records Office on 01244 972574 or email them at [email protected]. They should be able to provide you with a photocopy of the ledger containing the reg number, chassis number, engine number and first registered owner.

I found a Chester registered car back in 1999 (a 1963 model) and managed to get the relevant details from the records office.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Sunroof53
15 years ago

You're in luck!!!

Chester kept all its hand-written 'FM' ledgers! You need to contact Chester County Council Records Office on 01244 972574 or email them at [email protected]. They should be able to provide you with a photocopy of the ledger containing the reg number, chassis number, engine number and first registered owner.

I found a Chester registered car back in 1999 (a 1963 model) and managed to get the relevant details from the records office.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Thanks Richard !!:d
Sunroof53
15 years ago
Great news ,They have the record and sending a copy.

Thanks again
55Kab
15 years ago
And here's a pic of your car wearing its original registration.

I took those at VW Action 1990 (ah...the good old days!). Such a shame the plate was taken off such a fantastic car.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Sunroof53
15 years ago
Thank you 55Kab.Those pictures are the best i have seen !I really cant tell you how pleased i was to see them :d :d :d .