Foxy
  • Foxy
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
Just been on the phone to the DVLA and they tell me that if I write a letter in to them stating my cars chassis number they might be able to tell me what the original reg number was. Then I can apply for it back ( as long as its available ).
I rang up on the off chance but didn't think it was possible.

Anyone ever heard of someone successfully finding out this way?

I always thought you needed proof ( like an old pic or document ) then a letter from the historic club.

Its a UK 1960 right hand drive sunroof BTW.

Thanks.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
12 years ago

Just been on the phone to the DVLA and they tell me that if I write a letter in to them stating my cars chassis number they might be able to tell me what the original reg number was. Then I can apply for it back ( as long as its available ).

I always thought you needed proof ( like an old pic or document ) then a letter from the historic club.

Thanks.

Foxy wrote:

Interesting. I have heard of people using photos, but I guess their own records should be acceptable proof if they have the info. Keep us updated! :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago

Thanks.

Foxy wrote:

Foxy ...... Great To See You On Pre67 , Glad You Have Come Over From The Dark Side !
It's Possible I've Done This Before :thumbup:
Is This One Going To Be Stock Resto ?
"Mr Stock"
Rich Oakley
12 years ago

Thanks.

Foxy wrote:

I guess by the fact you have joined this forum that it will be totally stock 😉 ?

I have never heard this before so I will be interested to see how it works out. Do you have any pics of the car? Is it an India Red one, if so, I might know some history 😉 email: [email protected]
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Robb
12 years ago
flint grey i think.......

UserPostedImage

:d

bout time this one got started!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Foxy
  • Foxy
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
Possibly not totally stock. :smile:
But you know one day I'll definately build one.

Anyway, I'll keep you informed what happens. I've got a feeling the guy on the phone was just trying to get rid of me. :wink:
Robb
12 years ago
how could you forget bumble :d
Foxy
  • Foxy
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
OK Rob's just blown my cover! Its not for the 60 ragtop ( obviously I know what the original number plate is on that ), its for a 57 RHD ragtop I'm importing that was originaly delivered to the UK. Got a feeling its been abroad for a while, possibly 30+ years, and I'm bringing it back!
I would love to get the original UK plate back on it.
Robb
12 years ago
opps sorry dude :oops:

WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago
Foxy , I'm Friendly With Someone in DVLA ! Send me some info & I'll Sort it For You 🙂
"Mr Stock"
Foxy
  • Foxy
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago

Foxy , I'm Friendly With Someone in DVLA ! Send me some info & I'll Sort it For You :-)

WayneMcCarthy wrote:

Nice one Wayne. I'll send over something now.
:smile: