14 years ago

Stonor was my first ever vw show

mrsherbie wrote:

Snap! :wink:

So it was you that lost the child! :lol:
William
55Kab
14 years ago

Cool to see both the Pascoe black kabs parked together, you see! there are lots of people who love both fat and skinny chicks!

UserPostedImage

mrsherbie wrote:

Couldn't agree more, on both counts!:lol:

Nice pics Anna. I've known Roger for over 20 years and would buy that Cabrio in a heartbeat if it ever came up for sale. For me, that is the best "standard" Oval Cab in the UK.:wink:

Rog sent me an email saying it was the first time that both cars had been driven with their tops down. He sent me a nice shot of UXK with her top down, I'll ask him if I can post it. Nothing like a skinny chick with her top down eh?!:wink: :beer: :lol: :lol:

55Kab
14 years ago

Stonor was my first ever vw show and holds that special place for me

mrsherbie wrote:

Snap! :wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

x3 :wink:

harveypj
14 years ago
Saw this tucked under the trees8)  stonor 2009 030.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  stonor 2009 031.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  stonor 2009 032.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Stock......the new custom
54 Gertie
14 years ago

For me, that is the best "standard" Oval Cab in the UK.:wink:

55Kab wrote:

So by default that makes it the best oval cab in the UK! :wink: UserPostedImage
William
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Saw this tucked under the trees8)

harveypj wrote:

Yes, nice isnt it! 😎 I also snapped it at volksworld, in the carpark of all places! :shock:

UserPostedImage
William
55Kab
14 years ago

So by default that makes it the best oval cab in the UK

54 Gertie wrote:

Of course, mines not complete or on the road yet!!!:wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

mrsherbie
14 years ago
But I will tell the brothers that you would lower it, so that keeps you out of the picture :lol:

How did we completely miss that 51/2?! It looks like it has the same fabric on the seats as my 55? Though not technically year correct I can see why people use the 'plain rib' in splits, its a perfect match.
Confused car award went to the brown cal 'sunroof split' which is/was a 56/7 black oval with both a 2 fold sunroof and rear window section let in, and lots of post 67 repair panels used. Still very shiny and pretty for a severe wrong'un though :d I have a pic somewhere of how it used to look.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
lifeintheslowlane
14 years ago

Couldn't agree more, on both counts!:lol:

Nice pics Anna. I've known Roger for over 20 years and would buy that Cabrio in a heartbeat if it ever came up for sale. For me, that is the best "standard" Oval Cab in the UK.:wink:

Rog sent me an email saying it was the first time that both cars had been driven with their tops down. He sent me a nice shot of UXK with her top down, I'll ask him if I can post it. Nothing like a skinny chick with her top down eh?!:wink: :beer: :lol: :lol:

55Kab wrote:

The car was previously owned by Dave Cantle, he bought it from the original owner. I remember Dave saying he regularly visited the OG owner for a number of years, trying tactfully to prise the car from his grasps. Eventually when he came to sell Dave was on the spot with the money.

Again IIRC Dave said the OG owner told him back in '54 he was regularly insulted in the street for driving a German car.
John.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Confused car award went to the brown cal 'sunroof split'

mrsherbie wrote:

Can you post a pic? I dont remember it and im normally quite up on brown cars! :wink: :lol:
William
mrsherbie
14 years ago
I didnt take one but its cal look on fuchs reg letters 7HJ. I think it might even be on a later pan too from a vague memory? I suppose it's about as bitza as a bitza can get really. A few other Hampshire people will remember the car when it was a black oval although I think Mr slowlane's memory might be a bit too foggy past 5yrs :lol:

ps. incidentally there's more to see when fat chicks have their tops down :wink: :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
14 years ago

ps. incidentally there's more to see when fat chicks have their tops down :wink: :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

Fat chicks go topless 

:wink:

William
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Can you post a pic? I dont remember it and im normally quite up on brown cars! :wink: :lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

You can see some pics on the JG54 blog.

I know that car - it is a total mixture, but then it really was resurrected from scrap and has been improving steadily over the last decade or so. The first time I saw it, it was lying on the floor of a barn in the New Forest as a bare and rusty Oval body, with an early split roof crudely gas welded on! So you can hardly knock it for having "incorrect" panels - it is what it is, and it isn´t pretending to be any kind of accurate restoration. The owner (Rich) is a nice guy too.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
SixtyFive
14 years ago
did that beige 51 have the armrest bolsters from billabug??
55Kab
14 years ago

But I will tell the brothers that you would lower it, so that keeps you out of the picture :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

Ahhhhhhhh, aha...well Miss Anna, that's where you're wrong! :shock: I have a clear conscious with the 55 as it's not like it was a nice untouched car but UXK is a nice untouched car and deserves to stay like it so if it came my way I would keep it totally as it is...:!: :beer:

Did I just really say that :?: :shock: God, must be spending too much time on this forum, I'm cha..cha...cha....changing :!: :lol: :lol:

55Kab
14 years ago

The car was previously owned by Dave Cantle, he bought it from the original owner. I remember Dave saying he regularly visited the OG owner for a number of years, trying tactfully to prise the car from his grasps. Eventually when he came to sell Dave was on the spot with the money.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Yeah and he then had a real dilemma because his garage was full of HSU 681 and the amazing MTR 900 and one of them had to go to make way for the Cab. :cry:

55Kab
14 years ago

there's more to see when fat chicks have their tops down :wink: :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

I can concur! :lol:

55Kab
14 years ago

The first time I saw it, it was lying on the floor of a barn in the New Forest as a bare and rusty Oval body, with an early split roof crudely gas welded on!

JD wrote:

Bl**dy hell, that is weird and it's a small world as that's the last time I saw it! I recall it was pushed up against the end wall looking sorry for itself. Now, who was running a business there? I bought a couple of mint complete ribbed doors for my 55 ragtop and my memory tells me it was Danny Penfold???

55Kab
14 years ago
Roger said it was ok to post this photo he sent me of UXK on the way to Stonor. Just fantastic, an untouched UK Oval Cabrio, it doesn't get any better than that people :wink:

UserPostedImage

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Bl**dy hell, that is weird and it's a small world as that's the last time I saw it! I recall it was pushed up against the end wall looking sorry for itself. Now, who was running a business there? I bought a couple of mint complete ribbed doors for my 55 ragtop and my memory tells me it was Danny Penfold???

55Kab wrote:

Yes, Danny something or other. He did some fairly shoddy work on my old 65 and charged me too much money. Tosser.
But yes, pushed up against the wall. Rough wasn´t it. I saw it a few times later on, when it was back on the road in black, with Fuchs wheels.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage