GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
:shock: No56  phpdfd6SoPM.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
mrsherbie
14 years ago
I only poked harmless fun at some roofracks, whereas here you are just plain starting a war :lol:

The driver thinks he is being cool, we think he is being an idiot unfortunately it is his car to wreck if he wants ( and no I dont care who owns it or whether we offend them )
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago
Those guys trying to play football in the background were well pissed.
54 Gertie
14 years ago
I used to like this car (I know! :shock: ) before I found put it was a real Heb! :cry:

Is it not BBT who owns it?
William
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago

I used to like this car (I know! :shock: ) before I found put it was a real Heb! :cry:

Is it not BBT who owns it?

54 Gertie wrote:

Yes Bob(BBT),thats probably Edwin with the heavy right foot.
I always find it amusing,how you can own Heb No56, do this, and not give a sh*t.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Yes Bob(BBT),thats probably Edwin with the heavy right foot.
I always find it amusing,how you can own Heb No56, do this, and not give a sh*t.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Really, I can understand the appeal of a drag car, but if it were me I would turn a rotted 60s saloon into a Heb lookalike and race that. As opposed to seriously risk writing off (not that its possible with a Heb..) a rare gem....
William
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Really, I can understand the appeal of a drag car, but if it were me I would turn a rotted 60s saloon into a Heb lookalike and race that. As opposed to seriously risk writing off (not that its possible with a Heb..) a rare gem....

54 Gertie wrote:

I do however have to add, I was so overwhelmed by there hospitality before H.O. 😎 :beer:
William
kdf38
14 years ago
I would probably not do it that way, but it is just an intermediate step before a
correct restoration.

Mike

54 Gertie wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
55Kab
14 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

Exactly and I think it's great. If every Heb that exists all looked like they'd been through a 100 point resto they would quite frankly be pretty boring to look at. It would be a case of...oh look, there's another prestine Hebmuller...yawn....:lol: :lol:

Variety as they say is the spice of life......:wink:

pre67vw
14 years ago

Exactly and I think it's great. If every Heb that exists all looked like they'd been through a 100 point resto they would quite frankly be pretty boring to look at. It would be a case of...oh look, there's another prestine Hebmuller...yawn....:lol: :lol:

55Kab wrote:

According to Bob, it's only temporary until the real resto starts. The rear vents are glued on, so no metal damage has been done etc. It may be a bit of fun and different to look at, but then there's the risk of it getting totalled on the track - that's a different matter 😳
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
zelensis61
14 years ago
Well; I talked to bob from the beginning when he wanted to do something with the original car.
It was one option to make it like a dragster but nothing from the original metal is harmed or cut.
Only the wrong parts are cut out. The car will be restored and when you visit his new warehouse at the open day:beer: , you should have seen the donor for the heb that is waiting next to the Heb.

As for wrecking the car due to a drag accident... I am convinced that Edwin can make it look like new without any traces of it:shock: .
He can hammer any part out of a straight part. Again at the open house he was working on a 356 with lots of work on it.
So, if he wreck it:cry: , he will make it again.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
mrsherbie
14 years ago

So, if he wreck it:cry: , he will make it again.

zelensis61 wrote:

I understand and I agree thats his choice as his car, but that does'nt make it in any way right

But I have also seen the stress cracks in a body caused by the shell being twisted from having too much power under the wheels, and I also remember the brown French car that was wrecked on the track. Racing is childish boy fun and I am sure very enjoyable if going fast for a very short distance in a straight line is your thing :? :lol: , but from a rare car's point of view it is simply ignorant and arrogant.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
zelensis61
14 years ago
Dear Mrs Herbie. I did not said that I liked it either.[-x
The car is Bob's Heb and that is it... One day it will see it former glory. Bob loves his heb to much for that.
If it was mine....?:? I whould not even think of it to put some wide wheels on it.

Now it is Bob's choise, and I like it like it is now, it is shown to other people otherwise it sat in his warehouse covering dust like previous years and was not shown to public at all.
I am not a fan of dragsters or racers.

going fast for a very short distance in a straight line is your thing

I am only a fan of pré67 VW's and above all of them Hebmullers.
That is my point of view.

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
VW Stan
14 years ago
I friend of mine spends most of his working life repairing historic race cars, some of which are valued in the millions, after they have been raced and wrecked by their wealthy owners. They take priority over other work, as the owners are prepared to spend whatever it takes to get them done for the next race!

:shock:

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
55Kab
14 years ago

Racing is childish boy fun and I am sure very enjoyable

mrsherbie wrote:

As a holder (expired) of an MSA licence...errrrr, yes and yes :lol: :lol:

48REME
14 years ago

55Kab wrote:

Totally agree with you. You can't tell the multiplying numbers of these perfect black and white ones apart anymore. This is why Geoffrey's rotten 49 and Pascal's were arguably the two most interesting ones at HO, simply because they had a bit of character. BBT's just having fun with this and why not? There'll be photos in albums one day of this crazy 'monstrosity' which people will drool over and remember.
I believe there was a similar Hebmüller drag car which I've seen on an old black and white picture before. Was that from Sweden or something? And that picture was definitely fascinating!
vintagebug
14 years ago

I believe there was a similar Hebmüller drag car which I've seen on an old black and white picture before.

There's a photo of a Heb drag car in a book I have- I think it's the Keith Seume/ Bob Shaill "Coachbuilt & Cabriolets" book. If I remember I'll look it out tonight. I think Keith wrote that that particular Heb was scrapped sometime later 😞

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Andy Sparks
14 years ago

There's a photo of a Heb drag car in a book I have- I think it's the Keith Seume/ Bob Shaill "Coachbuilt & Cabriolets" book. If I remember I'll look it out tonight. I think Keith wrote that that particular Heb was scrapped sometime later 😞

vintagebug wrote:

UserPostedImage

This one, and apparently it was scrapped. :cry:
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
pre67vw
14 years ago

UserPostedImage

Andy Sparks wrote:

I actually don't believe that's a real Heb, I think it's fibreglass and the mould was taken from a real one - but the race car is not. Too much sculpting of the wings (fenders) and the exhausts exit right on the door shut - plus the small bonnet opening.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Jules
14 years ago

Andy Sparks wrote:

What a cool picture that is!!

Interesting rear stud pattern going on there!