Sambaguy
14 years ago
Hi,

I have spoken to both of the guys who did this dragster. One of them is ded now. (Lars Andersson).

It was an original Hebuller. The story was like this: They were looking for a new dragster project at a scrapyard when they found this Heb. The Hebmuller had been found abanndoned on a road in Sweden and then it was taken to this scrapyard.

As this Heb was scrapped the guys had to promise that this car never should be on the road again, otherwise the scrap yard men could loose their scrap license.

I have had a garage togheter with some guys who were closed race friends with these guys who build the Hebmuller. They have some pictures from the 70`s when the Heb was raced. I can ask them if some parts were made of fiber glass on that vehicle.

Sambaguy

kdf38
14 years ago
Ask if there are any MORE pics!

Is the Heb Number of that car known? or chassis numbers, etc.

They could have exported that car out of Europe probably and not had to scrap it.

Mike
Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
Sambaguy
14 years ago
I will try to get some more photos of it.

No numbers of the Heb has been confirmed. I don´t think we ever will have these numbers.

At that time when they build this race Heb, old Volkswagens did not have any high value, but other people told them that this was a pretty rare Volkswagen.

But I don´t think they cared about it.

Six months ago I asked the other guy if some parts from the Heb could still be there like the aluminium frames or other stuff, but he saíd that all parts were thrown in a container during the building.

Sambaguy
Etzhold1
14 years ago

Six months ago I asked the other guy if some parts from the Heb could still be there like the aluminium frames or other stuff, but he saíd that all parts were thrown in a container during the building.

Sambaguy

Sambaguy wrote:

:shock: Nice Very nice!!:shock: :shock:
I was feeling better this morning Till I found thid topic !!:wink:

Thank You my friend :lol: :lol:

Guido:beer: