pre67vw
14 years ago

If it doesn´t work it can be deleted.

JD wrote:

It could just be deleted, but presumably any new people who had signed up just for that would then be a bit annoyed? I don't think this is something to just 'try', either it's the way forward or it's not.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
14 years ago

What can happen? Plague of locusts? :lol:

JD wrote:

Yep.

i used to run uprights only, a forum for post 68 vw's

was pretty popular!! till it somehow got wiped out, then i never bothered again.

there is latebug.com though..

SixtyFive wrote:

Maybe you were just a bit ahead of everyone, I think the uprights only name is great and I bet if it was going now would be far more popular as there seems to be a real increase in post67 cars being restored and valued recently. Not seen latebug.com before, great looking site, I guess from the forum traffic its fairly new?

Although I do see the appeal, as most of us seem to own a post67 vw, I agree this site is pretty perfect as it is. We are less busy than the samba which is not stock only hence their traffic. The samba is great but I can only take a little at a time, I dont find it at all relaxing, but definitely useful for odd info when a lot of people contribute ie. the correct 50's petrol tank year change paint colours thread.

I was amazed recently whilst looking for '03 info, there is virtually nothing out there for stock 70's cars. The samba latebug forum is pretty useless for real info. But I know this will all come.
I suggested to someone in the VWCOCGB that they could really do with a forum like this one, unbeknown to me they were already working on one which is now up! great, although the forum design is a little awkward:
Cabrio owners club forum 
But my email did go in the club magazine with details of this forum for early kab owners, as the Kab club itself is heavily anchored with fat chicks.
I will say the Kab club magazine is superb and well worth the membership in itself if you have a post67kab, as is the 356 registry magazine, and I know that it is the 'ages' of these clubs members, which is intrinsically linked to the cars they own, that make them so good. I hate to say it and I know its generalising but we all know it is true. The few under 25s who post here are very savvy and out of the norm of the vw scene by their very independent nature.

Anyway personally I like to look in on different sites that each cater specifically to a certain vehicle. This site does STOCK and PRE67 just right. I dont think it needs to be flexible.

I hate flexible.

Why not just have a thread in general/chat to post members post67 cars? I agree it would be interesting. ( Guido and I can pad it out with our large bootays)

But I vote lets flog JD for fun anyway?

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
14 years ago

But I vote lets flog JD for fun anyway?

mrsherbie wrote:

That JD worries me. He runs with the fox AND chases with the hounds:lol:
Hawker
14 years ago

I think the site should remain pre 67.

There was a significant demarcation in 1967 for VW. It is a natural point in which to draw line between the "Early" and "Later VW vehicles.

Agree with previous comment about foxes and hounds.
kdf38
14 years ago
I always thought that was mid 1949 when they came out with the Delux 😎 :beer:
Oh, & the LAST VWs were 1964 before they widened the license plate light housing... :shock:

Mike

There was a significant demarcation in 1967 for VW. It is a natural point in which to draw line between the "Early" and "Later VW vehicles.

Hawker wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
tofufi
14 years ago
I am very much for a stock post '67 sub forum.

I don't see that it will 'hurt' the feel of the forum... :wink:
vintagevw
14 years ago

What can happen? Plague of locusts? Rain of blood?:lol:

If it doesn´t work it can be deleted.

JD wrote:

Blood! :twisted: :lol:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago

Hawker wrote:

There are "significant demarcations" all through VWs history.

I hate to ask, but for those of us who are a bit hard of Northern - what is that fox and hounds metaphor all about??!:shock:

Flogging you say...? :wink:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
14 years ago

There are "significant demarcations" all through VWs history.

JD wrote:

But none more significant than the move to upright headlights, shorter bonnet, shorter engine lid, 4 stud wheels, tombstone back lights, square bumpers, external petrol flap and lots of plastic. They don't float my boat, hence the site being pre '67.. :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
14 years ago

But none more significant than the move to upright headlights, shorter bonnet, shorter engine lid, 4 stud wheels, tombstone back lights, square bumpers, external petrol flap and lots of plastic. They don't float my boat, hence the site being pre '67.. :wink:

pre67vw wrote:

I´m not asking you to like them. Just wondering if there should be a corner here for them, if there´s enough interest. You need never look in there.:d

UserPostedImage
mrsherbie
14 years ago

Just wondering if there should be a corner here for them, if there´s enough interest. You need never look in there.:d

JD wrote:

I am going to lay mines in that corner when I find it.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
14 years ago

I hate to ask, but for those of us who are a bit hard of Northern - what is that fox and hounds metaphor all about??!

JD wrote:

WHAT!!!! THE HELL HAS THAT EXPRESSION GOT TODO WITH BEING NORTHERN?????

Just read it and think,it explains itself.

JD
  • JD
14 years ago

I am going to lay mines in that corner when I find it.

mrsherbie wrote:

Right after you get done posting pics of your fat bird!:lol:

It could be called "Pandoras forum", or "The forum that dare not speak its name", or maybe "My secret elephant foot shame".:lol:

I´ve never heard that fox and hounds expression in my life - I figured it must be from the north.
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
14 years ago
No worries JD.
What a Hornets nest you've opened.
JD
  • JD
14 years ago

No worries JD.
What a Hornets nest you've opened.

'50 Karmann wrote:

This is what I get for trying to bring very very nearly like minded - or so I thought - people together!:lol: :lol:

I should probably admit that I was on my hands and knees at the weekend looking at a 1303 that my pal is thinking of swapping for his 1302. It was such a clean car with original metallic blue paint and I was thinking - Jeez - just look at this thing. It´s amazing. I can´t remember ever having seen such a clean unrestored 03 in the UK. Even 20+ years ago they were all rusted out and yet here´s this absolute time warp, that I would have probably walked right past if my pal wasn´t looking at it. A trip to the car wash and a quick polish and you could have put it in the concours at Stanford Hall. Anyway, it struck a chord somewhere! (Maybe if he buys it I can get his 67 sunroof....)
UserPostedImage
54 Gertie
14 years ago
You know what, I retract my opinion! :shock: :lol:

Yikes!

UserPostedImage
William
GKL 7
14 years ago

You know what, I retract my opinion! :shock: :lol:

Yikes!

UserPostedImage

54 Gertie wrote:

That one picture should carry a life BAN:wink:
JD
  • JD
14 years ago
That your garage Gertie?:wink:
UserPostedImage
SixtyFive
14 years ago
cheers anna ;)

shouldn't change the name of the site, but put a sub forum?? and put a small mention on the home page?
if it doesnt work (like the off topic non vw section you had) then get rid!
54 Gertie
14 years ago

That your garage Gertie?:wink:

JD wrote:

:shock:

No, but if you look hard enough you may find some 1303 parts! :oops:

However, I do good things to them....:wink: (needed steel)

UserPostedImage
William