69project wrote:

I think that may have decided it...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
14 years ago

its a 69...part of uk vw history...

69project wrote:

shooting_yourself_in_the_foot.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago

pre67vw wrote:

Sounds ominous!
The Poll says yes!:d
Go and take another look at the red cabrio I posted a pic of. Not all late model stuff is nasty looking or dull.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Chris
14 years ago
This thread has, in my opinion, provided me with the best quotes I've read on this site in over two years. And they're all from George :d

I posted earlier in the thread about giving it a go and the fact that if 'fat birds' are not your thing then don't look in there. But now I've learnt that 'fat Birds' doesn't refer to what I first thought, I think I was wrong 😳 Ths site is called PRE67VW, it does exactly what it says on the tin. I wouldn't go onto the restocal site and suggest they put a section for stock cars, nor would I go on the SSVC and expect to see a section for bay windows. I think when you visit this site ou know what you're looking at.

As to loosing people to The Samba, I used to visit the Samba a couple of times a week, now I visit once a month if that, or if there's a link on here to a posting. I don't enjoy it as all they want to do is 'slam it and put a set of wide wheels on it'. It used to be a stock forum, but not any more. This is about the only forum left for stock pre67 VWs. I think it should stay that way.

If people want a forum for post67Vws, why not get one up and running ? I visited Uprights Only a few times, why not get together and resurect it ? There could be a link to it from this site for anyone wondering over here by 'accident'.

To quote on of my favourite sayings "If it's not broken, don't try and fix it"

This is one of the fiendliest and most laid back sites I visit, no arguements, no falling out with each other, just good old banter. No need to change it into VZi2, it works just as it is.

:wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
pre67vw
14 years ago

The Poll says yes!:d

JD wrote:

But in true Mugabe fashion, I have the casting vote :twisted:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
ianmac
14 years ago

Just wondering if Rob would consider incorporating a post 67 stockers section? There must be a few people with stock late models that would be interested in the general vibe of this site. It all helps swell the ranks.

JD wrote:

Thin end of the wedge, people will want a water cooled section next :roll:

69project
14 years ago

pre67vw wrote:

i was only joking,maybe pre 72 does have a place but not on here
Car less.....
GKL 7
14 years ago

i was only joking,maybe pre 72 does have a place but not on here

69project wrote:

bs_meter_197.gif You have insufficient rights to see the content.
mrsherbie
14 years ago

"My secret elephant foot shame".:lol:

JD wrote:

How very dare you!

I AM NOT ASHAMED!!

UserPostedImage
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago

But in true Mugabe fashion, I have the casting vote :twisted:

pre67vw wrote:

I knew it! You were just sneakily maintaining the hollow sham of democracy with your so called "poll", eh?:lol:

Chris - what are you on about? I don´t see that incorporating a stock post67 section would turn us into VZI or the samba. It would be strictly stock only and enforced by the iron fist of Robs oppression, just like elsewhere on the site.:lol: :wink:

UserPostedImage
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage