queenslander
13 years ago
:d Have my 1960's 1200 engine pulled down and discovered it was only an inlet valve that has gone. Rest seems o.k. for now.
Need the rubber insert that goes in before the motor goes back and the insulation that goes in the engine bay as well. Any ideas on where to source them here in Queensland Australia.:?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
13 years ago
Which rubber insert? Can you describe it some more? :smile:
William
pre67vw
13 years ago

Which rubber insert? Can you describe it some more? :smile:

54 Gertie wrote:

I think it's the engine seal over the gearbox tinware and the one that goes around the front. Not sure of Australian suppliers though.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
queenslander
13 years ago
I would send a photo through if I could get it to work on this site but no matter how hard I try photos never send for me. I have not seen it personally as a friend has taken the motor out and had the engine compartment stripped out before I got there. Just going on what he said. Thanks for replies. appreciate it very much.
ascort
13 years ago

:d Have my 1960's 1200 engine pulled down and discovered it was only an inlet valve that has gone. Rest seems o.k. for now.
Need the rubber insert that goes in before the motor goes back and the insulation that goes in the engine bay as well. Any ideas on where to source them here in Queensland Australia.:?

queenslander wrote:

I am not sure what part of Queensland you are in but Mick Motors in Northgate Brisbane has a very good range of VW stuff and I was able to source most bits and pieces that I was after in the past, including rubbers.

https://www.mickmotors.com.au/ 

There are engine bay seals listed in the body components section.

I hope that helps.
Mark - Owner of 2 under restoration Australian coachbuilt Ascorts.