vintagebug
12 years ago

Rob, I was reading through the thread on VW Relics and thought "why don't you start a forum for feedback?" I'm fully aware there are similar forums on other websites, but this website is the main one for me (& many others I'm sure) as original vintage VWs is my bag :thumbup:
I know these things run the risk of becoming one big gripe, but surely we can post up good feedback just as easily as bad? I'm sure there are many folk out there who've had excellent service from companies or individuals and it'd be nice to hear about them. It'd be good for their business and it'd be nice for us to know we're dealing with people who care about the customer and for whom making money isn't the only thing.

Obviously the feedback (good or bad) would be the writer's own personal views & not those of the owner of the website etc etc. And it may have to be monitored/ policed so that it didn't turn into a slanging match...

Any thoughts?
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
12 years ago
I don't know really, not a big fan of it to be honest. The trouble is that there are always two sides to every story, but on a feedback forum you either get one side or you get a slanging match where one person is trying to protect their livelihood and the other has not much to lose.

Also, although feedback could be the writers own personal views, it doesn't stop me being legally involved as 'publisher' if anything turns out to be libelous.

A thread about companies people have had a positive experience with would probably be OK though, as long as it's genuine?

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
12 years ago
Sorry Dave,but a bad idea i think.
Would probably cause Rob a load of grief.
vintagebug
12 years ago

A thread about companies people have had a positive experience with would probably be OK though, as long as it's genuine?

pre67vw wrote:

That's fine with me Rob. As I mentioned, if negative feedback were posted it would have to be monitored so that slanging matches didn't develop. And I don't want you being sued Rob, I wouldn't want to see the website being closed down, like a certain newspaper.. :wink:

So positive feedback is ok? Who's going to start the ball rolling then?

Dave
64rotbox
12 years ago

And I don't want you being sued Rob, I wouldn't want to see the website being closed down, like a certain newspaper.. :wink:

vintagebug wrote:

Well, he could always approach it like a certain large well known forum, when someone (a moderator, in fact) started a thread slagging off a company, that company responded with legal threats, and the forum owner responded with a 'come and have a go if you think your pockets are deep enough' approach, virtually swaggering in front of the delighted userbase. The forum owner duly received various legal paperwork, so quietly had the thread deleted, along with every shred of evidence that it ever existed in the first place.

I chuckled, anyway.

A 'positives only' section is fair enough, but I've seen even some of the worst companies - one of them a but stone's throw from here - get defended by people with an 'I'm alright, Jack' outlook. You could possibly have a section where people invite experiences by private message, rather than out in the full glare of potential trouble?
You can call me Al.
pre67vw
12 years ago
'Sticky' feedback thread created.

https://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=46311&#post46311 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
vintagebug
12 years ago

Cheers Rob, good feedback is always nice to see. And helpful too, when trying to decide whether to shell out your hard-earned cash with Business A or Business B... :thumbup:

Dave
pre67vw
12 years ago

Cheers Rob, good feedback is always nice to see. And helpful too, when trying to decide whether to shell out your hard-earned cash with Business A or Business B... :thumbup:

vintagebug wrote:

If nobody posts on the thread in a month then I'll delete it as a lost cause... :unsure:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW