Cool Splitty
11 years ago
volksworld man Ivans 1st post on this saysnothin about these dents but dtails all other things:?
Cool Splitty. Reel Kool and called Peter.
pre67vw
11 years ago

volksworld man Ivans 1st post on this saysnothin about these dents but dtails all other things:?

Cool Splitty wrote:

Seems like you're trying to stir something up again 😳

Nobody forced you or Rod to buy the car, Ivan was posting it here because he wanted it to go to a good home and it looks like it has. A good panel beater might be able to smooth out the roof dents quite a bit without access to the inside, I've seen it done and it was pretty amazing to watch.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Cool Splitty
11 years ago

Nobody forced you or Rod to buy the car, Ivan was posting it here because he wanted it to go to a good home and it looks like it has. A good panel beater might be able to smooth out the roof dents quite a bit without access to the inside, I've seen it done and it was pretty amazing to watch.

pre67vw wrote:

i dont do stiring:?
i was just thinkng the roof dents was rather a big thing not to have been noticed by ivan:wink:
Old Blue
11 years ago

pre67vw wrote:

To see how an expert can remove dents from an original car without harming the patina appearance, I suggest that Cool Splitty takes a look at Last Triumph's descriptive thread on the recommissioning of his 1957 Oval Deluxe.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Cool Splitty
11 years ago
a few wing dents is not like a dented in roof wiv headliner under it:roll:
GKL 7
11 years ago

Cool Splitty wrote:

If you knew Ivan you wouldn't make this comment.
If you don't know Ivan you shouldn't make this comment.
WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING?
ianmac
11 years ago

a few wing dents is not like a dented in roof wiv headliner under it:roll:

Cool Splitty wrote:

You do seem to keep mentioning this, I like the car and would be happy to have it in my stable, a few dings and dents add to its character in my opinion

Maybe your time would be better spent studying a dictionary rather than making negative comments ?
pre67vw
11 years ago

Maybe your time would be better spent studying a dictionary rather than making negative comments ?

ianmac wrote:

:rofl: :rofl:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Cool Splitty
11 years ago

If you knew Ivan you wouldn't make this comment.
If you don't know Ivan you shouldn't make this comment.
WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING?

GKL 7 wrote:

WHAT ARE YOU INCINARATING?
this car is very nice. its only reel falt is the bad roof dents.
i found it od that this wernt mentoned when small bumper braket welds were.
Thats all. simples:wink:
Cool Splitty
11 years ago

ianmac wrote:

So You need a level English now to be member hear now:shock:

lifeintheslowlane
11 years ago

So You need a level English now to be member hear now:shock:

Cool Splitty wrote:

Jeez..."A level"...I think we'd all be grateful if you could manage basic Junior School English.:roll:
John.
wolfsburgvw
11 years ago
what an awesome oval,if you decide the dents are to bad ill happily take it of your hands.:smile:
Bernadett
11 years ago
Hi,

I need your help. I am writing you from Hungary. My husband and I are travelling to California. My husband is crazy about VW Beetle 1953-1957. Oval VW Bugs.
His dream is to look around on a VW Bug salvage yard (or yunk yard?? I am sorry, I do not know the exact expression for it - the place where you can find many old VW oval bugs).
Can you please help me where is/are VW oval Bugs salvage yards in California?? Please tell me the name of it and the address.

Thank you for your answer,
Bernadett
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
11 years ago

Cool Splitty wrote:

Cheers for pointing this out...

I had seen the car three or four times at various stages over the years, but I hadn't really gone over it with a fine toothed comb, and certainly not to the kind of extent I would have if I was thinking of buying it...

What I did was try and give some basic info about the car to the kind of people who would be, in my opinion, the type who would love to own the car.

Ultimately, the chap who know owns it would seem to have found out about it from that post I made, so I am happy I made the post.

It stands to reason that if he had gone to view the car and hadn't thought it was for him, he wouldn't have purchased it.

It wasn't your post that impressed me, far from it, it was the 'how thoughtful, thanks for posting this up' reply that impressed me...

Sorry, I should have said it would have impressed me.

I uncovered another RHD Oval about a month ago. The owner had to sell it and asked if I could help find the right person for it.
Initially, I was very interested myself but I simply didn't have anywhere to put it and it couldn't live outside.
The car was SUPER EARLY - 459 645 - it was built on 21st March '53 to be precise - and has been in storage since 1990. It is in really good shape.

Once I had made the decision that I couldn't buy it myself. I simply phoned someone who I thought would want to own it and he'd bought it ten minutes later over the phone. As the guy who was buying it lived a long way from the location of the car - I went to view it on his behalf (and before anyone points a finger - at no personal gain, I did it as a favour).
The minute I saw the car- I wished I hadn't mentioned it to anyone! However,like I said, I wasn't the person for that car.
I could have posted the info on here and I am sure it would have gone the same day,especially at the price it was up for, but all that would have done is upset people....
11 years ago
Don't worry Ivan. We appreciate you. :beer:

Ignore them... its jealousy... :wink:

www.vwoval.co.uk
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
11 years ago

Don't worry Ivan. We appreciate you. :beer:

Ignore them... its jealousy... :wink:

JULIANROBINSON wrote:

Julian, worry not - I'm not fussed. George hit the nail on the head.

I helped two fellow VW fans out - one who wanted to sell a car and one who wanted a car - and it wasn't like I even got a drink out of it.

In future if I post a tip off on here - I think it'd be an idea if I paid to have a full 100 point professional inspection done first.

Just in case I get sued for being helpful.

:rofl:
chrisbug91
10 years ago
It's up for sale.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C463603 

Edit: oops just noticed it's advertised on here too, lovely looking car.

https://www.pre67vw.com/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=5849 
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
Old Blue
10 years ago

It's up for sale.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C463603 

Edit: oops just noticed it's advertised on here too, lovely looking car.

https://www.pre67vw.com/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=5849 

Originally Posted by: chrisbug91 

Its a great looking car. Jon fancies it as its an og paint right hooker, but he'd have to sell the left hooker first.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

GKL 7
10 years ago
That'll be another stock car wrecked then 😳
Old Blue
10 years ago

That'll be another stock car wrecked then 😳

Originally Posted by: GKL 7 

Not really. Jon's thinking of going stock this time round.