Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago
This bit should put the cat amongst the pigeons if it's implemented as implied.

What this all means is still unclear but it has been suggested that historic vehicles that are modified away from original factory specification could lose their historic status. It has also been implied that if non-original parts have been used to restore a vehicle, you could face the same implications.

Could mean no free tax for modified and maybe an insurance adjustment.
John.
six-o-one
12 years ago
The last bit about modified historic vehicles potentially losing their historic vehicle status is interesting!

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alot of the things listed are testable now :omg:
Some of the cars that i have seen at the shows i have been to must be running on bent tests or get modded after thay have been presented. It would be intresting to see what would happen if VOSA set up camp out side a VW show :d .

Andy W
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
I think that tow bars and electrics are to be included as well.

Mrs Lifeinthegarage..............look on the bright side......at least you won't have to carry around that washing machine in your engine compartment. It should make the car lighter and make it easier to push it in and out of the garage to wash.
Old Blue
12 years ago
A listed building retains its status though, even if half is rebuilt and all refitted.

Just what really is a 'Historic' car. Needs a good history to be so I think. Probably a handful of VWs the most in the uk are truly historic. That is they have a significant part in UK motoring history.

1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

I think that tow bars and electrics are to be included as well.

Mrs Lifeinthegarage..............look on the bright side......at least you won't have to carry around that washing machine in your engine compartment. It should make the car lighter and make it easier to push it in and out of the garage to wash.

rudolf hucker wrote:

Wrong on two counts my old Serbo-Croat friend.

Firstly the Ghia started fine with just a little choke this morning and enjoyed it's woooooo swift visit to the local pub at lunchtime and secondly as a genuine period accessory my "washing machine" doesn't infringe any of the existing or proposed legislation.:d
John.
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Does the washing machine fit without decklid modification John(scoop).

Which in your opinion is better this or Judson.

Show us a pic:thumbup: it is after all vintage speed.
64rotbox
12 years ago

It would be intresting to see what would happen if VOSA set up camp out side a VW show

AW wrote:

They did just that, during one of the Shanty Pod shows in the late 1990s. One of our entourage got his car impounded, and rightly so (dodgy tyres, lights not working properly and christ knows what else). He had to get a lift into the show, buy loads of bits and fix the various stuff before he could get it out of there.
You can call me Al.
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Does the washing machine fit without decklid modification John(scoop).

Which in your opinion is better this or Judson.

Show us a pic:thumbup: it is after all vintage speed.

GKL 7 wrote:

No decklid alterations needed for my "washing machine", which according to period opinion was the Rolls Royce of washing machines. The Judson was always an economy model but one that functions effectively if fitted properly and not flogged to death.

The Shorrock was top of the small supercharger range but didn't sell well as they cost 4 times more than a Judson kit. You know what VW owners are like....cheap b***ards.:wink:

BTW The Shorrock can't be fitted to the 30hp engine...just the 34hp.

John.
Rattletrap
12 years ago

Probably a handful of VWs the most in the uk are truly historic. That is they have a significant part in UK motoring history.

Old Blue wrote:

If you are talking of the car's history itself, then I can only think of two UK VWs that are really historic, both of them Beetles.:sneaky:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378