paul
  • paul
  • Regular Topic Starter
19 years ago
HI COULD ANY BODY TELL ME THE BEST WAY TO GO WITH MY BUG THINKING ABOUT LOWERING IT, BUT SOME FRIENDS HAVE TOLED ME THAT IT WOULD MAKE THE RIDE MORE BUMPY...... SOME SAY IT WONT.
I MUST ADMIT BEETLES DO LOOK BETTER LOWERED AND I WOULD LIKE THAT FOR MINE BUT DONT WONT IT TO BE ANY MORE BUMPYER COULD ANY BODY HELP ARE THAY ALOT WORSE TO HANDLE WHEN THERE LOWERED.............. PS MINES 64 BEETLE

MANY THANKS PAUL
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Larry
19 years ago
I have a friend that just completed his 1951 split. The car turned out great, yes he lowered it and it looks GOOD. BUT the ride is very rough. I really don't know of or have heard of anyone that has lowered their bug without sacrificing the smooth ride. If it is possible, I have not heard about it.

Also you must consider whether the front tire that you plan to use will still be able to properly clear the fenders during sharp turns.

Again, only you can make the decision.

Enjoy life to the fullest - in a VINTAGE VW
heb623
19 years ago
Let me tell tou this. The lower you go the bumpyer and harder (not very comfortable) it will get! :shock:
So when you decide to lower it (too much) make sure that everything on your car is fixed and mounted well, .................................................... otherwise you might lose some things :!: :lol: :!: :lol: :!: :lol:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
aussie64
19 years ago
th easest way to lower your beetle is using drop spindals ,i have heard that you maintain your stock ride with them
UserPostedImage
Dak Dak Dak
Come check out my local VW club site
http://www.volksenthusiasts.org.au/ 
ralphtown
19 years ago
Well I,ve just spent a lot of time and money getting my 57 Beetle back to standard ride height and ride quality.

I don,t mind custom Beetles,in fact I really like the resto cal look.

However,make sure you do "the business" to a tired car.

That way,you can rebuild it to whatever spec you like.

I like standard Beetles,they were good cars,just as they left wolfsburg.

Custom is fine but standard is better.
In my opinion,if your car is a good example of a 64,leave alone.
If you,re rebuilding it,do what you feel is best.
i,d leave as standard.

RALPH. 😃