Old Blue
11 years ago

Classic cars of any make represent an investment these days. They are far more fun than leaving your money sitting in a savings account gaining little interest but, as with most investments, there may come a time when you need to 'cash-in' your investment due to the changes in life that most of us face.

Relationships, careers, families etc. all make us way-up our priorities when we need to find some cash and, often it's classic cars, which sit in the garage most of the time that have to go. I guess it's the younger owners that this effects the most. We are in a recession at the moment so it's understandable that there are a lot of classic cars for sale, especially the cheaper ones.

six-o-one wrote:

What a very good observation.:beer:

It is true that vehicles at the less expensive end of the vintage VW market are more often coming up for sale. It is also a fact that decent Split Windows, Cabrios and the Hebmullers are usually owned by the afluent and less likely to be sold to pay for day-to-day living costs in these difficult times.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
rudolf hucker
11 years ago

An end to this infantile nonsense please.

Old Blue wrote:

Oh! I was enjoying it :wink: Just like the old days.
GKL 7
11 years ago

Oh! I was enjoying it :wink: Just like the old days.

rudolf hucker wrote:

Yeah!!
He hasn't got the sticking power of ol' Rattletrap 'tho.

No fun,even lifeintheslowlane is poacher turned gamekeeper 😛 :wink: :d That or getting a tan somewhere.
rudolf hucker
11 years ago
I believe that Mrs Lifeintheslowlane is just back from annoying a captive audience on a cruise ship..Some even faked illness to get away. It was in all the newspapers.
GKL 7
11 years ago
Old Blue
11 years ago

Yeah!!
He hasn't got the sticking power of ol' Rattletrap 'tho.

GKL 7 wrote:

I think that you eventually managed to wear Rattletrap down.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!