TDB
  • TDB
  • Guest Topic Starter
19 years ago
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could help me with the following:
Does the black interior seats and trim from a '66/67' beetle, fit a pre '64' ?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated !
Thanks,
TDB
TDB
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
j.scribner
19 years ago
TDB-
That's a pretty vague question. :roll: If you mean will seat cover sets from a 66-67 fit on the frames of a 64, the answer would probably be no. (I believe the profile of the seats are different) But if you mean can you put the whole front seat assembly from a 66-67 in a 64, I would have to say "I don't know." Maybe they would fit on the seat tracks, and maybe not... maybe someone out there has done it and can tell you? As to "interior trim", the answer is "Maybe, but probably not..." Door panels- no; some gauges, switches, etc.- yes; door handles- yes, (through 7/66). See what I mean? The best way to find answers to what will work is to know the exact date of manufacture of your bug (available in charts and determined by your number stamped on the chassis on the hump under the back seat) and the exact date of manufacture of the car you want to rob parts from. Then I consult one or more of several outstanding catalogs to see if the parts will interchange. VW model years ended in July and started in August, (thus the cut-off date of 7/66) for some parts. Keep in mind, I'm only able to speak for cars manufactured for the US market, and there might be subtle differences in cars made for the UK or Euro markets? I'm sure there are UK VW suppliers who publish catalogs for parts, and they should tell you exactly what will fit. If not, I get lots of catalogs all the time from BFY Obsolete, MidAmerica Motorworks, etc., and could send you some for the postage. I hope I've helped you and not confused you,
John Scribner