Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
17 years ago
Yess.. :lol:
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
overrestored
17 years ago
If you look on thesamba... in the gallery section for coachbuilts... there are a few photos of a new Rometsch Beeskow that was recently sold by a mechanic in Philadelphia PA, USA. It has black California Plates... and he has had it in storage in the back of his garage for over 30 years. It looks to be all there. It was scheduled to go to Auction but was bought just prior to the auction for US $5500! Word is that it will be for sale again soon.

What is it about Rometsches and Elephants though... this one also has evidence of a small herd of baby elephants ran across the front Trunk lid.... Oh Tina... where are you! Get it to Andy to send to the italians for resto.

Thanks to Oystein Asphell for sending me the links.

Eric Meyer
protect me from what I want
overrestored
17 years ago
here is another shot of the new Beeskow  5282.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
17 years ago
Wow, incredible! tell him I'll give him $6000 for it, thats a swift $500 profit :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
six-o-one
Andy Sparks
17 years ago
Nice looking car, shame about the amounts of dents :cry:

They seem to be turrining up a lot recently, i suppose it's tinternet. You get to hear about everything.
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
2splits
17 years ago
Oh man, thats like 15 minutes from where I live! Is it staying the Philly area?
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
zelensis61
17 years ago
It is sold , it stay in the states and I know nothing more....
:shock: :roll:

Greets
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
It says on the Samba it was sold to a prestige vehicle trader and they suspect it will be for sale again very soon.The car has had clip work done and does not display it's original numbers.
overrestored
17 years ago
Randy Carlson at Oldbug.com seems to have more knowledge about this one... I don't know who bought it.

Eric
2splits
17 years ago
All I can say is what a great find. I (like everyone else), have been looking for one for a long time. When the time comes, I will gladly part with my 55 vert and 51 ragtop for the right one!

Thanks for sharing!
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
Tina
17 years ago
Here i am dear Eric !

Just ship it over to me, I AM in Italy ! Andy says, he will do the resto job for us.
He did also the elephant resto, as you know.

TNA OVALI
ROU RESTO SHOP
RRS

Strange people, strange cars, US Ghost Towns (Ruby and Bodie)
Robinson 22 and 44, Pappelen u. Jelände 911er
overrestored
17 years ago
Gilles... I am thinking it is a very late Beeskow... there are a few little differences... I am thinking it is a 57.

Heres a picture of another Rometsch that needs some restoration work...

Eric  5342.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Tina
17 years ago
Just ship it over ! We do restore like nobody else here in Italy

Tina Ovali
RRS
Strange people, strange cars, US Ghost Towns (Ruby and Bodie)
Robinson 22 and 44, Pappelen u. Jelände 911er
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
[quote="Tina"] ! We do restore like nobody else here in Italy

Does that mean your real name is Reinhold Plank.
six-o-one
17 years ago
Interior  5360.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
six-o-one
17 years ago
Parts found in the glovebox  5361.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
six-o-one
17 years ago
daylight!  5362.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
six-o-one
17 years ago
Hemmings Ad...

VW: 1949 Hebmueller, beautiful restoration to show condition, black with maroon inset, $43,000. 970-547-9166, CO.