Chris
  • Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
Well, yesterday we managed to fit the handbrake to the chassis and get the bar connected that fits through the tunnel...... 😃 😃 😃

But then found.....

Gearbox oil in one of the brake drums...... May need to put new seals in there.. :cry:

Managed to shear a bolt that holds the handbrake cables to the centre bar.. :oops:

And worse of all, found that the solid petrol pipe coming out of the rear of the chassis has snapped... :shock: :cry:

Ah well, that's life 😞

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
17 years ago
That always seems to be the way!

A mornings work end up taking two whole weekends! :?
Chris
  • Chris
17 years ago
Last night I managed to...

Remove the sheared bolt from the bulkhead and clean up the thread. 😃

Replace the handbrake cable that had the split in the conduit. 😃

Anyway a question...

What size is the thread on the handbrake cable ? I've got a couple of 6mm nuts but they don't seem to go on smoothly. :? Is it a metric thread or imperial size ?

Thanks

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Rich Oakley
17 years ago
That's always the way. Can't wait to see it finished Chris.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Chris
  • Chris
17 years ago
Don't get too excited, it's not going to be in the same league as George's cabrio... 😞

To be honest, I can't wait to see it finished either, if only for the wait I've had with it... and to stop spending money on it. :roll:

Anyway, back in the garage when the Mrs gets home from work... 😃