zelensis61
17 years ago
Here is the ultimate picture....I guess.

Found it on the Dr his site.
Looking good I say, damm good.

https://www.blech-manufaktur.de/44.html 

Good job Dr Dirk.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
17 years ago
and another one that looks good ..
ET, This one is for you  6863.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
heb623
17 years ago
Nice try Zelensis61 but sorry I prefer "original"! :shock:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Dr.D.
17 years ago
Hi,
my lids are no originals, but authentic. I can only tell them from my heb's original lid by their colour and the zinc coating of their surfaces and the dip coating.
If you find your preferred original lid and you might need a spare panel (or section) to restore it I can source a single outer skin or the sections needed.

(picture shows measured differences of the original drawn part no. 1 and my reengineered one)

Aircooled greetings

Dr. Dirk Hortig  6869.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Tina
17 years ago
Great JOB out there !!!!

better than original too !!!
Strange people, strange cars, US Ghost Towns (Ruby and Bodie)
Robinson 22 and 44, Pappelen u. Jelände 911er
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
17 years ago

This was at "Veterama" swapmeet at the weekend. I was having a good look at these panels and they seem to be absolutely top quality.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
heb623
17 years ago
Is it me but the only thing I see is a red X! :oops:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
zelensis61
17 years ago
I see also a red X?
Guess the pict upload did not work .

I assume it is the same pict I send in with the metal, yellow and black engine lid.
About the part self:
Altough it is not "original" from the Hebmuller factory...It is made with accuracy and eye for detail.
The repop is for me as good as the original.
What is the difference?
A sheetmetal from the late 40's that is pressed on a mold that is made the same time or a sheetmetal from 2006 pressed on a mold that is made in 2006 based on a positive form from the late 40's.

I guess that if someone with the real stuff was hit in the back end destroyed his OEM Engine lid.. he would be verry happy to buy a "new" one from Dr Dirk.
Once it is painted, you would have a hard time to identify it as a repop..There might be about 10 persons who can do this world wide.......?

Now I am waiting to the release of the back cowl with the air-louvers.
Ok the price is "high" but what if the price was like 1000 Euro for an engine lid... That whould give a new record on Hessisch Oldendorf in 2009( 60 years Hebmuller 2 seater ) like 40 hebs that show up... 15 originals and the rest "new Old stock " hebs...

Good job Dr.., Hell of a good job.
Greetings Peter.
 6879.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.