kt2006
17 years ago
I've been doing some research into the VW over the decades as it is my favourite make of car and found out that famous faces such as Vernon Kay, Vic Reeves and Jack Nicholson have all owned a variety of VW's.

I wondered if anyone knew of other famous names who have owned or currently own a VW and are fans of the classic car. If so, which type?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
17 years ago
Jerry Seinfeld is a bit of a VW fan apparently, he was at the VW Classic in California a few years ago.

Jamie Oliver had a VW bus of course. Martin Clunes has a camper I think (He was talking in a TV interview about it).

I think Matt Groening must be a VW fan, there's loads of VW's in the simpsons and futurama...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
17 years ago
Ted Bundy? :shock:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
17 years ago

Ted Bundy? :shock:

"JD" wrote:

hmm yep, I think Charles Manson drove a VW too
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
six-o-one
17 years ago
Chris Evans...

WHAT DID YOU DO THE NIGHT BEFORE ?

The night before I was wandering home after the show when I passed a lovely old blue, 1972 VW BEETLE, so pretty and what was this ? A small note stuck to the rear window announcing that this little baby was for sale, she was beautiful, a little beaten up but, hey, aren't we all ? I had to do it, I took out my phone and dialled the number. It went to answerphone,

"Hello, this is LUCY," announced a silky toned female voice, "I'm not here, please leave a message."

"Oh my God, " I thought, "er., do I really want this car ?" then the sound of the beep panicked me in to action.

"Er, yes, er hello, I was just ringing about your car, if you still want to er' sell it then please call me back on this number, the name is....,.....,..... Pete!"

Pete, PETE ! What the heck did I say my name was Pete for ? I'm such a schmuck such an idiot.

Now what if she calls back and I have to meet her and she's sees it's not Pete.

"Where is Pete ?" she may ask.

Before I had chance to thump myself in the face for being such a loser, my phone rings, it was the number I had just called, it was Lucy, the owner of the car...

"Hello ?"

"Oh, hello, this is Lucy, you called about my car, is that Pete ?"

"Yes, this is he !" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

"So, you're interested in the car ?"

"The car, the car, yes I love the car, it's lovely, I love it, the car."

"Are you alright ?"

"Yes, I'm fine, er...er,....could you tell me a little more about it, please ?

She went on to tell me, that she'd bought it for £3k, spent one and a half on it, ( thousand that is), and was off to go travelling so needed a quick sale, preferably to someone whom she felt would love and cherish the little beauty just had she had.

I impressed her suitably enough for her to agree to meet me at the car ten minutes later.

I quickly brushed my teeth, made a quick call and set off back to where the car was, just round the corner from where I live. There was the car and there was Lucy.

So here's the thing, the owner, the lady, Lucy, was absolutely drop dead, blimin' gorgeous, stunning, I mean unbelievable, breath taking.

"Hi," I said.

"Oh hello, hang on a minute..."

"Yes, I know, my name's not PETE... CHRIS, pleased to meet you."

"Why did you say your name was Pete ?"

"I have no idea, I really don't know."

"Ok......, fine...., er well would you like to have a drive of the car....Chris ?"

I'm dying now.

"Yes please."

Shit.

The car was great, Lucy was great, I decided to buy it. Lucy said she would come round to my house st three o'clock, the next day, yesterday, to drop off the paperwork and pick up the cash. I went off to my favorite restaurant to pick up the pieces of my mind.

THE NEXT DAY

I sorted the cash out and waited for the arrival the lovely L.

Right on time, my door bell rang, there she was looking even lovlier than the day before. I showed her in to the living room, there were scraps of notepaper and scripts and newspaper cuttings everywhere, I'd just finished preparing the show.

"Wow, seems your busy then ?"

"yes, yes but I love it, so what do you have for me ?"

She plonked down a thick and very impressive leather bound complete history of the BUG. This was a good car, with a good vibe, I already loved the car, she told me a little more about it, I gave her the cash and that was that.

A smooth and friendly transaction. A win win, perfect.

I opened the main front door for her to see her out.

"Thanks a lot, " she said.

"No, no, thank you... oh by the way where are you going travelling ?"

"Oh, I'm not," she said, "I'm an unemployed actress, I needed the money and I didn't know what else to say, PETE !"

And with that, she winked, like a sly old fox and vanished.

GIRLS, you gotta love 'em.

See you on the radio, I'm off to make friends with my new sky blue baby, now where are those keys ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chrisevans/2006/08/symposium.shtml 
Jules
17 years ago
I served Vic Reeves with a couple of roof racks for his Split Bus when he turned up at KK one day. That was a fun day.

Jonathan Ross.. Split Bus
Martin Clunes.. Couple of Bay's
Andy Rickards (KK).. Split 'Sundial'
Robbie Williams .. Karmann Ghia
Simon Fowler (Ocean Colour Scene).. Karmann Ghia

zelensis61
17 years ago
Boudewijn the first , former king of Belgium drove a Beetle. It was a 55 oaval window i think.
I need to find a pict somewhere.

Audrey hepburn drove a rometsch one day.
The belgian Federal Police, former GENDARMERIE drove with Split busses, bay windows, Beetles, Flat six 911, T25 and T4, Golf Gti, Jetta's ......
And they are famous!

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
pre67vw
17 years ago

Andy Rickards (KK).. Split 'Sundial'

"Jules" wrote:

What's Andy famous for? :shock:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
zelensis
17 years ago

Boudewijn the first , former king of Belgium drove a Beetle

UserPostedImage

an other famous man Charles Lindbergh drove als a beetle for many years.
UserPostedImage

heb623
17 years ago
Moammar al-Qadhafi (Kadhafi) of Libia drove a 1303 Cabriolet :!:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
mrsherbie
17 years ago
Are you a journalist KT2006?
What vw do you have?
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
heb623
17 years ago
R U talking 2 me?

mrsherbie
17 years ago

R U talking 2 me?

"heb623" wrote:

Honestly with you 'all burned up convertible owners', its all ME, ME, ME is'nt it?!!

:lol:
heb623
17 years ago
Dear Mrs Herbie,

Yes you are true!!!
and besisde
Cabrio and Hebmuller drivers are better ... no THEY are BEST lovers ..... :!: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
17 years ago
King Juan Carlos of Spain has/had a 1303 Cabrio with an Oettinger WBX6 in it.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Robb
14 years ago

Simon Fowler (Ocean Colour Scene).. Karmann Ghia

Jules wrote:

built by JAVA, Simon lives in my village, dont think he owns this anymore
ianmac
14 years ago
Jesse James (Monster Garage, married to Sandra Bullock) has some seriously nice early VWs, his '50 vert has just been finished, he has a nice '46 too(i think) among others
overrestored
14 years ago
Jerry Seinfeld bought one of my 23 window busses a while back. Later he tried to buy our Rometsch Beeskow. Sorry... NFS.
protect me from what I want
mrsherbie
14 years ago
And does'nt he own a fab og paint fashion grey preA and some others, and he's funny too. Perfect man?! :d :beer:
crazydaze
14 years ago
Ewan McGregor bought a Split bus at VW Classic this year.

Alex.