Dr.D.
  • Dr.D.
  • Regular Topic Starter
17 years ago
Hello friends,
my lids and spares for lids are avialable right now.
You can get the whole assembly or the single parts you need for your lid restoration. Inner parts ready to weld in, outer scin as laser tailor cut peaces.
Greetings from Germany
Dr.D.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Dr.D.
  • Dr.D.
  • Regular Topic Starter
17 years ago
Here is another pic of the inside.
Please visit my updated ad on thesamba.com

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=243537 

P.S.: above I ment pieces of course 😎

4896.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
six-o-one
17 years ago
Hi Dirk,
They look spot on!
How is the fit on a real Hebmüller?
Have you tried it yet?

six-o-one
😎
Dr.D.
  • Dr.D.
  • Regular Topic Starter
17 years ago
The fit on "my" sample Hebmüller is like the fit of its original lid. My lids are checked using a gage made from my original lid geometry.
I heard, that there is often some work needed when you want to replace one hebmueller lid by another one.
So as a Hebmüller is a coachbuilt car (and not a new Beetle Convertible) there might be some skills needed to make a lid from another original Heb (or my reengineered one) fit perfectly on your car. On the upper edge I leave my lids 5 mm longer than needed. So you can put it on your carbody and mark the end of the lid on your car (put there a piece of tape first if you do not want to ruin your paint). Then after measuring you can easily cut the new lid to the perfect fit on the upper end. For some correction of the fit it might be helpfull to bend the lid wider (then the back of the lid willbecome shorter) or less wide (then the back of the lid will become longer). If you work on the body opening of your car, you will be able to "bend" the side panels alittle bit wider or less wide without changing the length of the opening. Combining these techniques, you can normally reach a good fit. If one needs help or if the car is way off the "average" geometry, I can help you with a custom made version.

Greetings
Dirk
six-o-one
dongkg
11 years ago
If I may ask. Is that deck lid still available? If yes, how much? Thanks a lot.
ste VW agen
11 years ago
Hello Mr. Dongkg of the Philippines :beer:

Here's a cold San Miguel between VW freunde here in Asia. What do you need the Heb Decklid for :? ? Are you building something "interesting?" Let me know if you are and if you'd like to meet up for a real San Miguel sometime, and I'll stop by.

My usual ride in the Philippines (Makati) is a Red '67 Sedan, but I'm restoring a Heb back in Ohio , USA right now. I'd be glad to meet with you and share some good VW cheer!

Mabuhay ang "Kotsing Kuba!"

ste VW e :thumbup:

P.S. Does the "KG" in your name mean "Karmann Ghia?"
I Ha VW e a Dream!! (Well ...... err, Many!)
1) '49 Hebmueller (project)
2) '51 Split Sunroof (project)
3) '56 Oval Ste VW agen (project)
4 & 5) '67 Kabriolett x 2 (projects)
6) '18 K Gold Split Pendant around my neck since 1976 (complete & original)