54oval
16 years ago
21st 9.20 am eurotunnel folkestone/calais up to bbt overnight stay in antwerpen .Bringing wife and 2 kids in beetle ,should be interesting.Staying around for Bug in before we return
356boy
16 years ago

Does anybody know of any B&B's near BBT?

Cheers,
John

"Bert53" wrote:

were staying here with owen/anna
Hotel Dennenhof
Bredabaan 940
2930 Brasschaat, België
if you go on bbt site and click on way discription in the top right hand site it gives you local hotels, this is one of them
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
Ah Well Chris,looks like we will have to get drunk on our own. :cry:
Chris
  • Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
16 years ago
Wouldn't be the first time...... :roll:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
daniellevws
16 years ago
i'm a little late to join this party...

but i'll be both BC and the bug in. I don't know anyone going to BC (and my poor car is in storage back home), so i'd love to meet up with some folks.

where is everyone staying?

oh, and I hear the monk brewery by the chimay race track is infamous for good beer.

danielle
six-o-one
16 years ago

Cheers Malc,
Mines a pint. :wink:

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

The beers are on John Henry if you give him your details over on The Samba! 😃

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=221834 

Sounds like the beer tent's goning to be very busy on friday night. Am I right in thinking that you have to have a registered vehicle to get into the tent in the evenings? Might make it a bit tricky for the
US members of The Samba to meet-up in the tent without being registered.

I think we should meet up outside the tent at 9, as suggested by George, then we can get some drinks and stay outside so those without registered cars can join us.

Oh, and daniellevws, welcome to the forum.
Look out for the pre'67 vw tee shirts!

😃
daniellevws
16 years ago

Cheers Malc,

"six-o-one" wrote:

Sounds like the beer tent's goning to be very busy on friday night. Am I right in thinking that you have to have a registered vehicle to get into the tent in the evenings? Might make it a bit tricky for the

I think we should meet up outside the tent at 9, as suggested by George, then we can get some drinks and stay outside so those without registered cars can join us.

😃

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

thanks for the welcome! this is my first year at BC, but its close to where i live (no accident). i'll look into some meeting place options (if possible), but the beer tent might be the best bet.
daniellevws
16 years ago

Cheers Malc,

"six-o-one" wrote:

😃

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

thanks for the welcome! this is my first year at BC, but its close to where i live (no accident). i'll look into some meeting place options (if possible), but the beer tent might be the best bet.

look forward to meeting some vw folks on this side of the atlantic. 😃
mrsherbie
16 years ago

Cheers,
John

"356boy" wrote:

Hotel Dennenhof
Bredabaan 940
2930 Brasschaat, België
if you go on bbt site and click on way discription in the top right hand site it gives you local hotels, this is one of them

"Bert53" wrote:

I'm glad you know the address, I didnt :lol:

still waiting for turning wheels but very close. Suppose I better go get the tyres put on soon :lol:

Hi, Danielle are you a lady by chance?
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Bert53
16 years ago

Cheers,
John

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Hotel Dennenhof
Bredabaan 940
2930 Brasschaat, België

"356boy" wrote:

still waiting for turning wheels but very close. Suppose I better go get the tyres put on soon :lol:

"Bert53" wrote:

Hello 356boy and Mrs Herbie,
Many thanks for the info about the Hotel, we're booked in for the Thursday night so I guess we'll see you there or over at BBT. 😃

John
356boy
16 years ago

Cheers,
John

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Hotel Dennenhof
Bredabaan 940
2930 Brasschaat, België

"356boy" wrote:

"Bert53" wrote:

what are you doing on the computer, get out there and help owen get them cars done, he seems to be doing all the work :lol: :lol:
so he tells me :lol:
daniellevws
16 years ago

Cheers,
John

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Hotel Dennenhof
Bredabaan 940
2930 Brasschaat, België

"356boy" wrote:

"Bert53" wrote:

by chance, i happen to be! but the word on the street is that i'm mighty handy with a set of tools. 😃 :lol: 😃  10011.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
daniellevws
16 years ago
oh, but the real question is..

is anyone else staying at the ramada bad soden? i'm looking to maybe carpool with someone up to the show. i'll split gas! plus, i'm a great navigator!

anyone? 😃 😃
six-o-one
16 years ago

is anyone else staying at the ramada bad soden? i'm looking to maybe carpool with someone up to the show. i'll split gas! plus, i'm a great navigator!

anyone? 😃 😃

"daniellevws" wrote:

About 28km on to google maps if I've found the right place...

https://maps.google.co.uk 

And quite a direct route too, so navigation shouldn't be a problem! :wink:

I was lucky and found a room in BC. I think there are quite a few people staying in Frankfurt so good luck with finding a lift.

😃 😃
daniellevws
16 years ago

anyone? 😃 😃

"six-o-one" wrote:

About 28km on to google maps if I've found the right place...

https://maps.google.co.uk 

And quite a direct route too, so navigation shouldn't be a problem! :wink:

I was lucky and found a room in BC. I think there are quite a few people staying in Frankfurt so good luck with finding a lift.

😃 😃

"daniellevws" wrote:

i found a few folks staying at the same hotel headed to the show. it should work out alright. :D

15 days left!
Peter_Plade
16 years ago
I will be there some time thursday morning in the oval.
Andy Sparks
16 years ago

I'm crossing on the 12:00 ferry from Dover to Dunkerque on Thursday 21st.
I know Robin Allen and Martin are going on that crossing. In the evening, we stay at Residentie Boshoeve near BBT's. Who else here is going on that journey?

"48REME" wrote:

I'm on that ferry, i know Robin, i'm in a ruby red 61
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
356boy
16 years ago
mrsherbie
16 years ago
Hi, Danielle, good to see another lady on here 😃 We must hold our flaming torches high! ( and try not to singe any of the boys hair whilst doing it :oops: :lol:

what are you doing on the computer, get out there and help owen get them cars done, he seems to be doing all the work :lol: :lol:
so he tells me :lol:

"356boy" wrote:

Ahh bless him, my little angel :D

I'm crossing on the 12:00 ferry from Dover to Dunkerque on Thursday 21st.
I know Robin Allen and Martin are going on that crossing. In the evening, we stay at Residentie Boshoeve near BBT's. Who else here is going on that journey?

"Andy Sparks" wrote:

I'm on that ferry

"48REME" wrote:

Yes, us also! but Dennenhof/BBT evening.

i'm in a ruby red 61

"Andy Sparks" wrote:

We're in a kind of green, brown, black and green 50 :? :shock: :wink: :lol:

Guess what, I spent all yesterday driving my car around! Yippee!
😃 😃 😃 😃
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
356boy
16 years ago
mot :roll: :? :lol: :wink: