Standard split
14 years ago

KEEP UP NICKLE-ARSS!!!:wink:
We are talking pre'52 cabrios now.

'50 Karmann wrote:

48 RME seems to be having problems logging on to make his reply.

I can guess what it is though:wink:

…………………………………………SILENCE………………………………………………………

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

…………………………………………SILENCE………………………………………………………

Don't be so quick to take a pop at those who know more than you Nicholas[-x [-x

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
VW Stan
14 years ago
I think Nick can be forgiven for assuming you were talking about the Std that this thread is about.

How was he to know you've hijacked it John! 😳

:wink:

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
Standard split
14 years ago

I think Nick can be forgiven for assuming you were talking about the Std that this thread is about.

VW Stan wrote:

Damn idiots posting items in the wrong thread :oops:

'50 Karmann seemed to spot it okay though:?

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
VW Stan
14 years ago

'50 Karmann seemed to spot it okay though:?

Standard split wrote:

He's biased though as it's an early Karmann!

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
GKL 7
14 years ago

VW Stan wrote:

Nick can be forgiven, just for being a good bloke.
What is it with you two John - History?
Leg pulling only please.
Standard split
14 years ago

Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread[-x

GKL 7
14 years ago
Here's a pretty picture to calm the mood down  _K3C4974.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Here's a pretty picture to calm the mood down

'50 Karmann wrote:

Is that a 70s plastic aerial I see? :?

William
GKL 7
14 years ago
Yes plastic that's right,i bought it to go with the cheap repro radio:roll:  _K3C4958.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Yes plastic that's right,i bought it to go with the cheap repro radio:roll:

'50 Karmann wrote:

:lol:

I think you need to add more photos to your "If Carlsberg did restorations" thread :wink:

William
GKL 7
14 years ago
Nah!always leave them wanting more:lol: :lol: :lol:
Standard split
14 years ago
Lovely:beer:

Always fancied an original radio in my '49 split.

But it's so original and untouched I daren't fit one :cry:

Sunroof53
14 years ago

Lovely:beer:

Always fancied an original radio in my '49 split.

But it's so original and untouched I daren't fit one :cry:

Standard split wrote:

Dont worry 50 Karmann will fit one of his when he buys it from you :twisted: :twisted:
48REME
14 years ago

But then you have painted your Standard with a VERY glossy paint which is not correct for the time, so I guess you don't :evil:

Standard split wrote:

Learn about CORRECT VW finishes for Standard models or just shut up. Your preference for matt-looking cars is your personal preference
but you will find with a bit of research that my car is completely correct and that you are not, I'm afraid.
Enough said on the subject...so boring and consatntly reoccuring... like a bad dose of herpes!:evil:
48REME
14 years ago

48 RME seems to be having problems logging on to make his reply.

I can guess what it is though:wink:

Standard split wrote:

No, I just wasn't logged on, that's all. I don't spend every second of my spare time on this forum, I do have a life outside...thank God!

54 Gertie
14 years ago

so boring and consatntly reoccuring.

48REME wrote:

Nail, head, hit.
William
Standard split
14 years ago

[quote=48REME]
Learn about CORRECT VW finishes for Standard models or just shut up. Your preference for matt-looking cars is your personal preference
but you will find with a bit of research that my car is completely correct and that you are not, I'm afraid:evil:

48REME wrote:

I'm wrong and you're right :?

Paints back then were just as glossy and long lasting in their deep shine as the paint you've used:lol:

48REME
14 years ago
open your eyes  10293.JPG.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  10294.JPG.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  426400.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  bad-steben-kaefer-cabrios-1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  BLUE.STD.OVAL.02.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
48REME
14 years ago
I think I made my point so let it rest now:wink:
GKL 7
14 years ago
John,That's you that is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GANGSTA !!!  gangstercat.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.