GKL 7
14 years ago
The car is looking super.
Please don't take this as a criticism but your semaphore switch is upside down.
JARV
14 years ago

The car is looking super.
Please don't take this as a criticism but your semaphore switch is upside down.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Yes, I know - it will be sorted at the weekend - just one of the small things left to do.
'52 Standard Split
'56 Fire Bus
'58 Deluxe Beetle (RHD)
'64 Karmann Beetle Cabriolet
'67 Camper (RHD)
'07 T5 175 LWB Window Van

54 Gertie
14 years ago
Wow Jarv stunning! 😎

You seem to have a fine list of cars, why not post up some photos. Be great to see them, your fire truck sounds interesting! :d
William
GKL 7
14 years ago

You seem to have a fine list of cars, why not post up some photos. Be great to see them, your fire truck sounds interesting! :d

54 Gertie wrote:

Yes,i'd like to see that aswell please.
JARV
14 years ago

Wow Jarv stunning! 😎

54 Gertie wrote:

Check out my Avatar - Fire Bus is now on there - funnily enough just changed it 10 mins ago!.

My other cars are all slammed and have big motors - not 'politically correct' for the traditionalists - but then again at least they are well looked after and still on the road....  115171648_6b6weKr8_SBF_6010.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
'52 Standard Split
'56 Fire Bus
'58 Deluxe Beetle (RHD)
'67 Camper (RHD)

55Kab
14 years ago
Nice bus. I'd like to see the Cabriolet if you can post a pic.

JARV
14 years ago
Cab was featured in Volksworld in July edition (which came out in May) and in Hot VW's in 2006  317%20034.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  317%20057.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  317%20076.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
'52 Standard Split
'56 Fire Bus
'58 Deluxe Beetle (RHD)
'67 Camper (RHD)

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Very "American" looking cabrio. It looks like a VW Trends cover car. I take it it was built over there?
I was looking at the luggage rack thinking thats kind of cute looking, but I´d guess it really isn´t much use for carrying things is it?! Good for blocking air flow however!8)

Your bus looks very like my pals bus.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
dry&heavy
14 years ago
that look's so much better now
glad you bought it, still so strange about the log book:d
would of been criminal of me to use that as a daily ride
as i've have had to use the rust bucket 52 i brought for last 4 months every day
why did you change the floor mat's as i see you have some nice new carpet's
55Kab
14 years ago

Cab was featured in Volksworld in July edition (which came out in May) and in Hot VW's in 2006

JARV wrote:

Aha, that one. :wink:

Very nice car Phil. Loved the Voowoo photoshoot also but the lighting on those made it look a different colour.

48REME
14 years ago

A tads shiny though :wink:

Standard split wrote:

Don't listen to him,JARV, he still doesn't get it after all these years. You've done a wonderful job and the finish on your car is totally correct.
One small 'Standard' detail I would change...a piece of ribbed rubber over the front part of tunnel (forward of the gearshift lever) rather than carpet
would be right. Beautiful car, a refreshing addition to the scene!
VW Stan
14 years ago

One small 'Standard' detail I would change...a piece of ribbed rubber over the front part of tunnel (forward of the gearshift lever) rather than carpet
would be right. Beautiful car, a refreshing addition to the scene!

48REME wrote:

Gary at Brezelwerks makes a nice reproduction Standard Tunnel mat...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=410225   1449189.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
GKL 7
14 years ago
JARV has the original mat,Malc.I've already suggested Gary via PM.
JARV
14 years ago
All the rubber mats are original - the carpet was way way too far gone to be re-used - the carpet for the tunnel goes the full length which I why I used it - I'll have a play around at the weekend with the original mat for the tunnel see what I can sort out.

Yea the cab in Volksworld was photoshopped - it was a really cloudy and dark day so made it look a different colour, more purpley blue.

Thanks for all the comments about the Split - unfortunately it wasn't quite ready for any of the shows this year and broke carb the day before Tatton 😞 - although I may take it to Action :d
'52 Standard Split
'56 Fire Bus
'58 Deluxe Beetle (RHD)
'67 Camper (RHD)

Standard split
14 years ago
Pushing the boundaries…:shock:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=873824 

Should have gone under the Big Money thread:oops:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
GKL 7
14 years ago

Pushing the boundaries…:shock:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=873824 

Should have gone under the Big Money thread:oops:

Standard split wrote:

Aren't the wheel colours 'round the wrong way?
Standard split
14 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

I'd say so. More to the point at such an asking price, are the front wings correct:?

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
48REME
14 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

Absolutely not. It's definitely grey outer rim and coral inner rim.
John, honestly, don't you know about such elementary Standard things?[-x
Standard split
14 years ago

48REME wrote:

Looks more like a DeLuxe based Cabrio than a 'Standard' based one – don't you know anything Nicholas 😳

But then you have painted your Standard with a VERY glossy paint which is not correct for the time, so I guess you don't :evil:

Grey:?: Coral:?:
Christ, you're colour blind as well:shock:
 2922593.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
14 years ago

48REME wrote:

KEEP UP NICKLE-ARSS!!!:wink:
We are talking pre'52 cabrios now.