pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
14 years ago
Here are some Stanford Hall photos , what a great show - good to catch up with a few people and to see Nicolas' car in it's new paint (looked fantastic)
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
69project
14 years ago
very nice photos!

really enjoyed today
Car less.....
SixtyFive
14 years ago
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Great pics Rob. Gutted that I couldn't make it. 😞
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Caledfryn
14 years ago
Just got back and I find someone else has already posted pics up! 😮

A good day, but I was a bit disappointed at the number of cars in the historic lineup. I tried to book my '54 in but got a form back saying it was full!

Ah well, there's always next year.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Great pics Rob. Gutted that I couldn't make it. 😞

Rich Oakley wrote:

Shame! Was looking forward to seeing the 48!
William
VW Stan
14 years ago

Just got back and I find someone else has already posted pics up! 😮

A good day, but I was a bit disappointed at the number of cars in the historic lineup. I tried to book my '54 in but got a form back saying it was full!

Ah well, there's always next year.

Caledfryn wrote:

They decided to try and keep it 'stock only' for the first time this year, but didn't tell any one before hand!

I don't know how many cars they ended up turning away which had registered, but there was the black split with polished Porsche wheels which managed to sneak in!

It must have been quite a few if they said it was full (I think they still got in for free, so not so bad) :?

:d

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
55Kab
14 years ago
Very nice pics Rob. Great to see some nice pics of OCG 730, any chance you can email me those in high res?

Just so Mr painter and Mr hood trimmer can have an idea of what my car should end up looking like!
55Kab
14 years ago

Just got back and I find someone else has already posted pics up!

Caledfryn wrote:

Doesn't matter, post yr pics!
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
14 years ago

Very nice pics Rob. Great to see some nice pics of OCG 730, any chance you can email me those in high res?

Just so Mr painter and Mr hood trimmer can have an idea of what my car should end up looking like!

55Kab wrote:

Yep, can do
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sunroof53
14 years ago
Great show and worth all the effort to get there.i am uploading some pics .I had the good fortune to meet the man who restored my car in 88 and i met Ovalbug on here to.Did anyone get a picture of the whole historic display?
vicpolky
14 years ago
Nice pics.
Great show, had a great day as always.
Lovely cars, nice people to chat to, and home made cakes - what more could you want? :beer: :d
Caledfryn
14 years ago

They decided to try and keep it 'stock only' for the first time this year, but didn't tell any one before hand!

I don't know how many cars they ended up turning away which had registered, but there was the black split with polished Porsche wheels which managed to sneak in!

It must have been quite a few if they said it was full (I think they still got in for free, so not so bad) :?

:d

VW Stan wrote:

Apart from my original dodgy Hella indicators, my '54 couldn't be more stock if I tried! lol

So were the gaps just 'no-shows' or was it just certain cars only?
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
14 years ago
Here's my youTube vid, it's just like being there - apart from you don't have to queue for ages to get in and it's not as cold.

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Here's my youTube vid,

pre67vw wrote:

Cool. Was the soundtrack based upon this:

?
This is something I remember from the late 60's when we'd just got out first colour TV. We were proper posh back then, it even had remote control! :d

Part 2:

Part 3:

Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
64rotbox
14 years ago

...the soundtrack...

tman wrote:

...which we now can't hear, because: "This video contains an audio track that has not been authorised by all copyright holders. The audio has been disabled." Oops.

In case anyone cares, 'The Home Made Car' soundtrack is by Ron Grainer, who was the bloke who wrote the Dr. Who theme amongst many other things. The main theme is entitled 'Mexican Marmalade', and available on the soon to be reissued 'Girl In A Suitcase' compilation CD. It's a great little film. There aren't enough people called Chudley in films, these days.

Anyway, Stan Hall. It was worth going just for the comedy value of the 'vehicles for sale' area.
You can call me Al.
GKL 7
14 years ago

In case anyone cares, 'The Home Made Car' soundtrack is by Ron Grainer, who was the bloke who wrote the Dr. Who theme amongst many other things. The main theme is entitled 'Mexican Marmalade', and available on the soon to be reissued 'Girl In A Suitcase' compilation CD. It's a great little film. There aren't enough people called Chudley in films, these days.

64rotbox wrote:

:roll: ANORAK
Caledfryn
14 years ago

:roll: ANORAK

'50 Karmann wrote:

Ain't that the truth!

Did you make it to Stanford George?
Richard
14 years ago

VW Stan wrote:

All I can say is, Keith from the Historic VW club is the rudest man I've ever met :evil:
First my car was too 'rough around the edges' to be in the display, then after he let an Oval in with a dented wing he said my car couldn't enter the circle because it 'had non standard wheels', then when an Oval with BRM's drove in he said changed his tone again & said mine 'it was too low', then when the Black Split drove in & I tried to talk to him he walked off for the second time :roll:

My car was one of the rarest there, and in original paint, and I ended up getting shunned between 2 camper vans :shock:
If he didn't want modified split's there, he should have said before I drove 100 miles for the show.
Caledfryn
14 years ago
I can see the reasoning behind it as I really wouldn't want to see heavily modified cars in that area - Strictly vintage for me! I also don't want to see deliberate Hoodride/Ratlook cars in there either.

My car is a bit 'rough around the edges' because it's never been restored. Surely there has to be a better way of vetting cars beforehand than turning people away on the day based on whether or not they meet someones taste criteria.

Maybe a Pre-67 forum display area is the way to go?